Ideal KFlop breakout board - your vision?

Thread: Ideal KFlop breakout board - your vision?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Ideal KFlop breakout board - your vision?

Out team has built and retrofitted many CNC machines with KFlop acting as a main controller. We mainly didn't use KAnalog, but often implemented Konnect for the purposes of "built-in PLC". Every project was rather unique in the part concerning electrical connections from devices to KFlop board itself. Basing on our experience we're considering a possibility of creating a flexible breakout solution specially designed for KFlop controller. The main goal looks like simplyfying conectivity and cut down set-up time.

While being absolutely unsure if it could be of any interest to others we'll kindly like to ask for your opinions.

What would you personally like to see in a breakout solution for KFlop?
    What connectivity problems have you faced implementing KFlop into your setup?

Any thoughts and ideas highly appreciated!

We've already worked out a preliminary list of features and sample design.
    Would like to hear from you and, if any activity, in a week or two I'll post some detailes on what we've got by now.

Thanks for all participating!
    And excuse my English, please, I hope you can still get what I mean.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ideal KFlop breakout board - your vision?

It really depends on your vision of what a ideal solution is. Right now I have setup 2 k-flop systems using k-flop and snapamp. I will be doing another machine over the next year using k-flop and kanalog which I already have. I use winford engineering dual row header breakouts to get screw terminal access to all k-flop pins not used by the snapamp or kanalog.

If I was going to consider something else it would have to simplify wiring and incorporate pre compiled c programs for its intended use. Basically I would want a board that had removable screw plugs like used to connect the motors to snapamp and konnect. This way you could create simple cable pluggable ends to connect motors, encoders, mpg, limit/home switches and anything else needed for a system. Since the pins would be predefined you could have c programs already set for different devices. Then all that would be needed is a list of devices and what wires to connect in what order to the cable end connectors. Then have a list of c programs that are designated to each connector based on intended use.

Let us know what you're vision is and maybe even if it is not in line with mine I may still find it useful.

Ben

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you do something like the opto isolated inputs and outputs like the Konnect board (alternating positive and negative terminals). Use a terminal block that is 0.200" spaced not 5mm like Dynomotion uses. It is VERY hard to find a off the shelf jumper strip to jumper every other terminal. This is assuming the end user is using all NPN or PNP inputs or outputs. Cutting short sections of wire to jumper every other terminal is for the birds.

Like these, if you cut out every other it saves a ton of time in making jumper wires and these are just not easy to find in 5mm (and yes it does make a difference).
    Ideal KFlop breakout board - your vision?-jumper-jpg

-Dan

Greetings,

The boards Tom has made, address many machines. But sometime you don't need 32 inputs and 16 outputs like the Konnect... for $200.00. I have another thread here, where I am making a board, that has 8 inputs and 8 relays on the board... this will be able to address a less expensive solution. Maybe that board would be $100.00. A savings.

I also don't need the KStep always, even though it is a great value. For existing machines, that need Step & Direction, and a couple of outputs and 3 or 4 inputs... I have created a board, that allows me to connect the C10- or C24 or other boards; that used the old Parallel Port setup.... My interface board, scrambles the outputs... so they come out, and do what the C10 whats to do.

This is great, so I don't have to make a special Cable for that, I just buy a Ribbon Cable assembly, 26 pin IDC one end, 25 pin DSub the other, then I cut it in two... punch those down to my board... and the C10 or other... is going.

I understand the frustration, trying to interface to something; that is 10ma's max... but it can be overcome.

See pictures below...

I have four of the Kflop to C10 boards.
    I will have four of the Relay - Input boards this week.

See pictures:

- Jeff

Ideal KFlop breakout board - your vision?-kflop-c10-jpg

Ideal KFlop breakout board - your vision?-kflop-interface-jp4-jp5-pcb-06-jpg

I also have four Software CNC programs that run on the Kflop as well. The newest is SilverCNC2 for Laser and other 2 axis situations.

Ideal KFlop breakout board - your vision?-silvercnc2-jpg

GOLDCNC5, BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachineautomation.com - ETL UL508A CSA CERTIFIED INDUSTRIAL CONTROL PANEL SHOP