Kflop for 3d printing - Page 2


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 47

Thread: Kflop for 3d printing

  1. #13
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi JoanelVR,

    KFLOP/KStep doesn't have any thermocouple inputs. If you want KFLOP to control temperature you would need to get the temperature reading into KFLOP somehow. Or have the Temperature controlled externally. KStep does have an analog output. That might be used to set a temperature set point to an external temperature controller. Or by adding an external voltage comparator with the output fed back to KFLOP the analog output can be used to measure an external voltage by having KFLOP slowly vary the output voltage until the comparator switches.

    Our Kanalog has analog inputs but that can't really be used easily with 2 KSteps and would be overkill to get one analog input.

    Regards
    Thanks for the quick response Tom! Controlling the temperature externally would be the simplest way to solve the problem. Although, I was looking through the Dynomotion web page and I saw that a KStep and a KAnalog could be connected to the KFlop? Would I be able to control other stepper motors with the KAnalog? also, would that be a good idea? Thanks in advance!!

    regards



  2. #14
    Gold Member TomKerekes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2516
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Hi JoanelVR,

    No. Kanalog doesn't have any Stepper Motor Drive capability.

    Regards

    TK
    http://dynomotion.com


  3. #15
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi JoanelVR,

    No. Kanalog doesn't have any Stepper Motor Drive capability.

    Regards
    Hey Tom,

    Thank you so much for the help that you have provided me so far. I've decided to do it by using a PID temperature controller to control the temperature from the outside. That would be the easiest way to do it. Also, I have another problem... I've been testing the motion of the machine and having it trace its path with a marker, but when I measured the drawn parts, the dimensions are off. Also, based on KmotionCNC, the z-axis is off by a factor of 10. I've been using slic3r to create the g-code, but I think that the problem might come from KMotion. Is there something that I might have missed regarding the parameters of KMotion? Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for everything.

    Regards,
    Joanel




  4. #16
    Gold Member TomKerekes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2516
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Hi Joanel,

    Have you set your systems' resolution in:

    KMotionCNC | Tool Setup | Trajectory Planner | Axis Parameters | Cnts/Inch ?

    Tool Setup Trajectory Planner

    Regards

    TK
    http://dynomotion.com


  5. #17
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Joanel,

    Have you set your systems' resolution in:

    KMotionCNC | Tool Setup | Trajectory Planner | Axis Parameters | Cnts/Inch ?

    Tool Setup Trajectory Planner

    Regards
    Hey Tom,

    Sorry for the late reply, but I think that's my problem. I found out that my stepper motors (NEMA 17) have a 200 steps/rev. KStep uses at 16x micro-stepping and my z-axis uses a threaded rod with a 1.25 mm pitch, so that's (200 steps/rev)*(16 Microsteps)/(1.25 mm) = 2560 steps/mm or 65024 steps/inch, correct? Would that be my Cnts/inch for my z-axis?

    For my x and y axis, I'm using a GT2 timing belt (with a pitch of 2mm) to drive them, so that would be 40640 steps/inch for both my x and y axis. Would that be the only problem that I might be having? Do I also have to calculate the velocity and Acceleration similarly? Sorry for all these questions and thanks for everything.

    Thanks,
    Joanel

    Last edited by JoanelVR; 09-08-2015 at 12:27 PM.


  6. #18
    Gold Member TomKerekes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2516
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Hi Joanel,

    That seems correct for your Z axis. X and Y would be similar plus any other mechanical factors involved such as any belt reduction.

    It is usually too difficult to calculate Velocity, Acceleration, and Jerk limits theoretically. Those are usually found by trial and error using the KMotion Step Response Screen. Big enough moves should be made to make sure that the move "Size" allows full acceleration and velocity to be achieved. There are two types of moves that you should be aware of. Moves with Jerk limits (Rapids and Jogs) and those with no Jerk Limits (GCode G1,G2,G3 types). Sometimes it is possible to do Jerk limited moves at higher acceleration and velocity because of the smoother Jerk Limited motion. To test/simulate moves with no Jerk limitation on the Step Response Screen temporaily set the Jerk to a huge number (1000X the Acceleration value). The Step Response Screen uses units of Steps. To convert Velocity, Acceleration, or Jerk from Step units to inches use the steps/inch conversion value.

    HTH
    Regards

    TK
    http://dynomotion.com


  7. #19
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Joanel,

    That seems correct for your Z axis. X and Y would be similar plus any other mechanical factors involved such as any belt reduction.

    It is usually too difficult to calculate Velocity, Acceleration, and Jerk limits theoretically. Those are usually found by trial and error using the KMotion Step Response Screen. Big enough moves should be made to make sure that the move "Size" allows full acceleration and velocity to be achieved. There are two types of moves that you should be aware of. Moves with Jerk limits (Rapids and Jogs) and those with no Jerk Limits (GCode G1,G2,G3 types). Sometimes it is possible to do Jerk limited moves at higher acceleration and velocity because of the smoother Jerk Limited motion. To test/simulate moves with no Jerk limitation on the Step Response Screen temporaily set the Jerk to a huge number (1000X the Acceleration value). The Step Response Screen uses units of Steps. To convert Velocity, Acceleration, or Jerk from Step units to inches use the steps/inch conversion value.

    HTH
    Regards
    Tom,

    Great! I tested the machine, and the z-axis is working better now. For some reason, it's still a little off. The part was suppose to be 2.5 inches, but the z-axis displacement was about 2.25 inches instead. Should I just play around with the steps/inch until I get it right, or am I missing something else?

    I see... I'll play around with the Step Response Screen more then. Before fully using the machine, I always test the response of each axis there. I never though of using it like that, since there are no units shown for the velocity, acceleration, or jerk. Now that I know that the units are steps/time, it'll be easier for me to work with it. Thanks for the help!!

    Also, I've been having some problems with KMotionCNC. For some reason, when I open the program, it stays minimized on the task bar and it won't maximize. I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago, but it used to be okay at first. This issued started to happen last week. KMotion opens with no problem though. Is it because of my upgrade to Windows 10 that is acting like that? I mainly use KMotion, but I like using KMotionCNC to track the movement of each axis. I'm sorry for the bother and thanks for everything.

    Regards,
    Joanel



  8. #20
    Gold Member TomKerekes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2516
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Hi Joanel,

    I can't think why your distance would be only 90%. You might check different distances and back and forth move to see if it is a pure scale issue or if you are missing steps or something. You might also check if you are getting the correct number of motor rotations for the move size.

    I can't think of a reason or have ever heard of an issue with KMotionCNC being minimized. Both KMotion and KMotionCNC are both MFC programs so I would expect them to behave the same. Did you try just clicking on the .exe file or are you using a shortcut?

    Regards
    TK

    TK
    http://dynomotion.com


  9. #21
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Joanel,

    I can't think why your distance would be only 90%. You might check different distances and back and forth move to see if it is a pure scale issue or if you are missing steps or something. You might also check if you are getting the correct number of motor rotations for the move size.

    I can't think of a reason or have ever heard of an issue with KMotionCNC being minimized. Both KMotion and KMotionCNC are both MFC programs so I would expect them to behave the same. Did you try just clicking on the .exe file or are you using a shortcut?

    Regards
    TK
    Hello Tom,

    Thanks for all the help that you have given me. You have helped me so much on this project. I was able to fix the problems with KMotionCNC by uninstalling it and installing everything again. It has been working great. Sorry for the bother again, but I have another question. Is there a way to connect KFlop to an Arduino board? I've been looking around but haven found any information about it.

    Thanks,
    Joanel Vasquez



  10. #22
    Gold Member TomKerekes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2516
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Hi Joanel,

    That would depend on what you are trying to do.

    Regards

    TK
    http://dynomotion.com


  11. #23
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Joanel,

    That would depend on what you are trying to do.

    Regards
    Hey Tom,

    Well I want to two things. I'm trying to use a Solenoid and it's easy to control it with an arduino. It would be good for me if the arduino and the Kflop could communicate. I don't know if Kflop can be used to control it. Can it? Also, I want to control temperature with an arduino and it would be of my best interest if I could use the kflop to stop the temperature when I'm done with the task. Sorry for such a late reply and thanks for everything.

    Thanks,
    Joanel Vasquez



  12. #24
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    287
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Kflop for 3d printing

    You could use the serial port on both the Arduino and the Kflop to communicate with each other



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Kflop for 3d printing
Kflop for 3d printing