need simple wiring help

Thread: need simple wiring help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default need simple wiring help

my smooth stepper died and now i just want to slap my kflop/kanalog board right onto the machine and get back to cutting.
    3 axis gecko drives 201x using mach3, c11g BOB
    i just want the simplest way to get this working again....
    i only have about 8 analog inputs i use and 2 relays for flood and CW spindle.

wiring for power looks easy
    wiring for step and direction i am about half lost on. parameters can be set in the plug in to make digital outputs to step /dir?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi turbothis,

I'm usually concerned when someone appears to be in a rush to "slap things together" :}

KFLOP has a different pinout than a parallel port and needs a different Mach3 configuration.

I'm not sure why you need a Kanalog board. Did you mean to say opto inputs or Analog inputs?

There are 4 Step/Dir outputs availabale from KFLOP JP5. You could either connect these directly to the G201Xs or to your breakout board. You would specify OutputChan0 values of 12, 13, 14, 15 to drive the pins on JP5 as 3.3V TTL signals. See:

Step and Direction Setup

KFLOP has a different configuration methology than Mach3. You are configuring which hardware device to use for the axis which is in turn connected to specific pins, rather than specific pins to be used. Load the example configuration for SimpleStepDirAxis0.mot then change the outputchan1 to those I listed above.

This Functional Diagram might help.

Also please verify and tune your motor settings in KMotion.exe before you attempt to run Mach3.

HTH
    regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

time is money these days...
    i bought the 2 piece combo for my future machining center that runs off analog instead of the step/dir. if the kanalog is of no use then i will box it back up for later.
    just trying to figure this thing out. it has so many options and such.

is output channel0 one axis?
    the values 12 13 14 15 are what?

are you saying all the pins are set in there function you just asign them to a device?

drives are 320x too, my mistake...

jp5 is the ethernet looking cable one right? would it be easier to use the kanalog to hook this all up? seems like i will need some BOB for these plugs to be used.

Last edited by turbothis; 06-05-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You don't really need our Kanalog option board for Step/Dir Drives.

The values 12,13,14,15 correspond to the 4 hardware Step/Dir Generators that are connected to JP5

So for example Hardware Step/Dir Generator #12 is hard wired to JP5 pins 15 and 16. So to use those pins for a motor axis channel you would configure the OutputChan0 value for that motor axis to 12. Again this Diagram may help you understand the concept:

KFLOP Functional Diagram

Kanalog doesn't have any Step/Dir outputs on it. The Step/Dir outputs all come from KFLOP. Winford.com sells simple breakouts for Ethernet (RJ45) and Ribbon Cable (IDC) Connectors. For Example:

2x13 0.1" Header (26 position IDC ribbon connector) Breakout Board with Screw Terminals - Winford Engineering

HTH
    Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

hey, i am the same guy on your yahoo forum too. fyi
    i only see 8 step/dir generators on that diagram. nothing labeled #12

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Matt,

#4 and #12 is the same generator. The addition of 8 to the channel number switches the output drivers from sinking current only (open collector type) to source and sink current (3.3V LVTTL type).

Yes it would be better if you only asked questions in one place.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry, I will continue this on your yahoo forum from here on.
    thanks