Connector Size (Terminal Block)

Thread: Connector Size (Terminal Block)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Connector Size (Terminal Block)

Quick question on connector size. I'm working on a simple but custom BOB for the kflop and I'm going to run out of screw-connector room on my limited size circuit board.

I have a Kanalog and the connectors are great on it. They're the 5 mm pitch connectors I believe. They also make 3.5 mm connectors of the same style but I'm wondering if they're too flimsy or might vibrate loose over time. I'd like to use them if possible to fit more along the edge but I was hoping someone might have had some experience with them already. Anyone have any thoughts about the smaller connectors?

Amperage won't be an issue, all the signals are low voltage, low current signals (limit/home switches, etc. 12/24 volts max) and these smaller connectors are rated at 10 amps or more.

Thanks, Lee

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

3.5mm should be no problem, incidentally if you want to preserve the 5mm you can always go with two tier terminal strip, 2 tier also comes in 3.5mm for even higher density.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Al. I'll probably go for the 3.5's. I like the higher density double and triple stacked blocks. I noticed when pricing the double and triple stacked blocks the per screw cost heads in the double and triple direction too. LOL