KmotionCNC 430 Problem

Thread: KmotionCNC 430 Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default KmotionCNC 430 Problem

I upgraded my laptop and moved from KmotionCNC 4.28 to KmotionCNC 4.30. First impression is I had a difficult time finding the "Start Button", lol, but once found that was solved :-) The next thing is not so easily solved, and I am a bit unsure exactly what's going on. I will describe what happened: I really love the multiple g-code tabs, and I frequently use them for multiple cuts in the same parts, just switching from one to the next, and this has always worked really well. For instance today I was making a mold with 4 different inserts. The inserts were identical except one cut, so I broke the g-code up into 4 g-code tabs and figured I would just change "Tab #3" for the different parts. I have done this many times in the past, and everything worked beautifully; and it worked out beautifully on part #1 (where each file was loaded just prior to being used); however, the second part was a catastrophe. When I went to cut the second part, "Tab #1" still showed the proper filename, but the g-code was not the correct g-code (I believe it was the g-code that had been in the tab prior to loading the file, but I am not sure on this.) The ensuing crash resulted in repairs, and I just assumed I had messed up somehow. Sadly, that was not the case. When I finally got back to part number 2, I was watching more carefully, and noticed that the g-code in any given Tab does not always stay intact from visit to visit; each tab must be reloaded to ensure the proper g-code is executed. The problem is not "always present", but rather it happens sometimes and other times it is fine. I have not figured out the exact circumstances under which it occurs//doesn't occur, but it is frequent enough that I now have zero confidence in using the g-code tabs.

If anyone else has had a similar experience detailing it in this thread will hopefully help isolate the bug so it can get fixed; if you are using 4.30 and use "tabbed g-code files" make certain you verify the correct g-code is in the tab prior to running it (don't just look @ the filename, spot check several lines and line count).

Fish

Fish

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Fish,

I haven't heard of any such problems. Could it be that you had the same file loaded into several Tabs? In that case changing it in one will affect the others?

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, I was working in 4 tabs and was quite certain what was in each tab. I have also since noticed a change in behavior that might or might not be related. When I click on a tab button in V4.28, the "title bar" at the top of the page updates to reflect the file that is being displayed, in Ver4.3 this does not occur, rather it displays the file path/name of the most recently opened file. Something has changed and the behavior is not intuitive//like it was previously. In order to run any particular file, and be certain that is the one that is going to be executed you have to open the file again.

Fish

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Fish,

I'm not able to duplicate this problem with KMotionCNC Version 4.30 on Windows XP.

So for example if you:

#1 Run KMotionCNC V4.30
    #2 observe Dynomotion.ngc is loaded in Tab 1
    #3 switch to Tab #2 and open SimpleCircle.ngc
    #4 Switch back to Tab #1

Then the title doesn't show Dynomotion.ngc ??

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hrmm,

I am @ work, and when I started kMotionCNC here (w/o the KFLOP attached), it behaves "normally". I will check it again when I get home this evening to see if the problem was a "fluke", or if it has something to do with being connected to the KFLOP....I know that sounds bizzare, but before I posted (when the KFLOP was attached) the behavior of kMotionCNC was as described above, not "normal". Something is a foot; I will re-trace the steps that led me down the bad path and see if I can replicate the (bad) results...

Fish

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok.....well work suddenly got crazy and house guests came and went; 13 days have lapsed, but I finally had a chance to re-test my new KMotion CNC install today. Of course everything is working exactly as it should, lol. I have to assume I did something completely stupid (several times in a row, lol). Today I was careful to take screen shots of everything as I went, and all I can say is, "It is working perfectly".

Sorry for the false alarm, let's just chalk this one up to me being an idiot. :-)

Fish