3dprintforums logo

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: AC and DC Servo projects with Kaflop+Kanalog

Can anyone tell me how this outrageous resolution will affect me tuning these servos? How critical is position error? What is an allowable amount? Or does it make no difference at all? I need to move forward on this project again but in light of the absurd resolution I am wondering just how to move forward.

So many projects, so little time...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Myk

Hi resolution is good. The only real disadvantage is that it can limit the top speed because the encoder inputs have a max count rate. KFLOP encoder inputs are specified at 1MHz. So you should keep your speed under 12ips (700ipm).

It doesn't really have any effect on the Servo calculations.

It is up to you to decide what is a reasonable following error for your machine and requirements. Just divide the following error by your resolution to determine the distance. So for example a following error of 83 encoder counts at a resolution of 83,000 counts per inch would correspond to a following error of 0.001 inches. Also realize that when doing a high speed rapid you probably don't care what the errors are. So better to check what your errors are when at useable cutting speeds.

HTH
    Regards

TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Tom

I am confused about the filter screen. On 4-29 you asked me to move the low pass filter to the second screen. On 5-19 you asked me to move it to the third screen. What should I have on each of the three screens ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Myk,

It seems we have a communication problem. Please read carefully. First of all there is just one screen that has 3 filters.

The 3 Filters are Labeled #0, #1, #2 (not 1,2,3)

The 1st filter is #0
    The 2nd filter is #1
    The 3rd filter is #2

Put the Low Pass Filter in the 3rd Filter (#2). Make sure the lower section of any unused filters are clear.

HTH
    Regards

TK

Thanks Tom. Are the other two Filters cleared / Zeroed?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are not using the filters push the "Clear" button which sets them to unity gain so they have no effect.

HTH
    Regards

TK

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789