Tree 325 Retrofit - More questions

Thread: Tree 325 Retrofit - More questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tree 325 Retrofit - More questions

Hi!
    I've spent the last few weeks doing some of the wiring for my Tree 325 retrofit.
    I've attached a photo of the enclosure I built, as well as the user interface panel, and the electrical system drawing.

Now, I'm on to the programming part of this project.

I've written the code for configuring the 3 axis's, and put it in an initialization file. I also made the spindle control program. It's kind of wierd, the hardware was originally configured to send a "spindle reverse" all the time, and to spin the spindle CW it would apply 0 to -10V, and reverse would be 0 to +10v. I re-wrote the program to do this.

I've got a list of functionality I need, and I'm not sure how to program it.

First, the manual pulse generator. I've seen the MPG example code. I've modified it to reference the bits that my MPG pulse generator and resolution/axis switches are connected to. Now, where do I put this code?

I also need to made code to control the spindle draw bar. I have a momentary switch set - flick it one way, it unclamps (NO), the other way clamps (NC)
    I want to be able to change the tool anytime that the control is on - except when it is in a cycle or when it's moving, or in E-stop. I can write the code no problem, except I don't know how to tell the program if Mach3 is in a cycle, or if the axis's are moving. I also don't know where to put this code.

For the feed rate override and spindle rate override - I have analog input signals running to Kanalog. How I pass them to Mach3, and use them to set the FRO/SSO? I was planning to remove the buttons from Mach3 so there wasn't a conflict issue. I also have an analog input reporting the spindle speed, and a binary I/O from the VFD that closes when the spindle has reached the target speed. Any way that Mach3 can be set to report the spindle speed based on the analog input?

I guess really the biggest thing I'm not sure about is where to put the code to handle these inputs...

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tree 325 Retrofit - More questions-schematicsnoindexpulsev3-pdf   Tree 325 Retrofit - More questions-imag0273-jpg   Tree 325 Retrofit - More questions-imag0277-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Nick,

All this type of code that needs to constantly run is normally just added to a forever loop at the end of the initialization program. The system then initializes and then continues looping monitoring the MPG, eStop, switch inputs, etc...

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Nick,

All this type of code that needs to constantly run is normally just added to a forever loop at the end of the initialization program. The system then initializes and then continues looping monitoring the MPG, eStop, switch inputs, etc...

Regards
    I'm learning C as I go here, I used to program BASIC but I'm pretty rusty at that. So just to be totally clear, the forever loop would be placed after the axis initialization lines, and the loop would look something like:

for (;
    {
    //---forever looping code---
    }

Right?

Downloads
    Uploads

Exactly correct Nick

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tree 325 Retrofit - More questions

Hi Nick,

I'm retro fitting my Tree 325 too and have been following your schematics, but I have a few questions.

The custom board with the resistors in the 3rd image, do you have a schematic for that with resistor specs? I'm a bit lost with your schematics.

Did you finish the code for Kflop? if you did would you be willing to share?

I know this is a lot to ask for, but I'm new to all of this and just need some help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tree 325 Retrofit - More questions

For the resistor stuff on the left, the resistors were created, if I recall, to convert 5VDC signals to the 3.3v TTL signals that the Kanalog could handle. You can see the resistor values on page 2, Zone D-7. (RJ45 single ended inputs.) I don't know what the capacitors were for.. probably to take out any interference. (I was much better at electronics 3 years ago.) Pins 1 and 2 of the RJ45 input were tied to a 5V resistor, since I believe the way that Manual Pulse Generator worked was it switched the inputs from disconnected to being grounded, and feed 5V through the 1K resistors made it either +3.3v or 0.

The resistors on the right of that custom board were for the inputs to the 40 pin general IO section. (Page 2, rightmost column. As I recall, the voltage signals coming from the Yaskawa spindle drive were all 24V, but needed to be dropped to 3.3V, so I used a voltage divider, and the details are on Page 3, note 3.

I think on another sub-board that may have been in the J325 cabinet, I had a zener diode setup to create 10 volts for the feed rate override, and the spindle speed override. Apparently my drawing does not have the incorporated though.

I'll see if I have the code when I get home in a few days.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Nick,

This helps a lot. Did you have to rework any wires on the Tree itself or just plug in and play?

Do you still have the Tree 325? If so photos of the servo cabinet would be great.

I appreciate all your help.