Tree 325 retrofit - question about what electrical diagram is telling me

Thread: Tree 325 retrofit - question about what electrical diagram is telling me

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tree 325 retrofit - question about what electrical diagram is telling me

Hi,
    The control on my Tree 325 has potentially died. I'm going to see if a new power supply fixes it, if not, I'll be retrofitting using the K-analog and KFLOP hardware, controlled by MachIII.

Since I'm waiting for some things to check the quality of the power supply, I'm doing the ground work for the retrofit, largely trying to make sure I understand the existing wiring system first.

I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, and have limited understanding of the finer points of electrical engineering, so I apologize if this question is simple.

See the attached sketch. I've re-drawn the existing circuit, which basically has the Yaskawa spindle tell the Dynapath control that it is up to speed.
    Is the 1K resistor shown, attached between the 24vdc power supply and the #34 terminal called a "pull down" resistor?

I'm probably not going to use the "up to speed" contactor, instead I'll connect the "analog speedometer" provided by the spindle VFD and create some kind of comparator that won't allow the cycle to start if the reported spindle speed isn't within 10% of the requested.

But, say I was going to connect this to the Kanalog. I might not use this particular VFD output, but there's a couple others I might want, I'd imagine they would be wired similarly. Id probably want to use JP15's opto inputs... See the other part of the sketch. Would I want to add a pull-down resistor that lands on the "opto_inx_plus" terminal? Does that look right?