Cincinnati Retrofit

Thread: Cincinnati Retrofit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati Retrofit

We are attempting to reto fit a Cincinnati Cintimatic 5VC-750 Vertical Spindle Mill, with a 24 tool magazine, with the eventual aim of running both the tool changer and 4 axis through Mach 3 on a K-Flop and Kanalog.

The Servo amplifiers are Advanced Motion Controls PWM max current rating of 30 amps (15 continuous) driving Siemens DC servo motors with tacho generator, running in velocity mode, and a Fanuc Spindle and AC Spindle Drive controller.

Running heidenhain LS403 20 micron pitch 50 line per mm glass scales, with quadrature output being fed into a exe box, running a 2 channel square wave output with 1/2 micron pitch. The exe outputs are running into the kanalog A0+ andB0+.

We were getting a lot of noise when we scoped the output of the exe box, but seem to have cured that by screening the wires from the reader head to the exe box.

At this stage we are concentration on one axis at a time, and are driving the x-axis using the Kmotion program.

We can get the table to hold position and drive using the move command in the step response menu, and the move profile graph looks very good. The problem we have is that we are achieving lost motion when we return to the zero point. The position display shows us returning to the start point, however the dial indicator on the table shows a random small position loss (up to 50 microns). This position loss does not seem to be scaled with the size of the move.

Have you experienced lost motion like this before?
    Could the resolution be too high for this application?
    Is the fact we’re only inputing a single A and B to the Kanalog likely to be part of this problem?
    Any other possible suggestions?

Also could you provide me with the recommended connections for the opto inputs and fet outputs.

Thanks in advance

Craig