best Big stepper motor work with Kflop+Kstep?

Thread: best Big stepper motor work with Kflop+Kstep?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default best Big stepper motor work with Kflop+Kstep?

hi all,

i'm new member and i want to build cnc with 120"X60"(300cmX150cm) and i will buy kflop+kstep, can you please till me wich stepper motor with dual shift will be perfect match and work with the machine size without any problem
    i know that kstep provide 5Amps only and the machine will be big, so help me please to chose the correct motor

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mismis
    go to homeshopcnc.com and then email them for suggestions
    I believe your best bet would be their 740oz
    you don't say what you want for top speed or how you will move machine
    ballscrews? lead screws? or rack and pinion[best for a large machine]

if the latter I would choose a 1.5" pinion and rack 20 pitch then do a
    3:1 reduction from motor to gear.

if you slave two of these 740 motors for your gantry wire in series and do3:1
    with 45v supply you will get about 400lbs thrust and max speed of about
    900 ipm
    Carl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Mr. Carl for your fast response,

to move the gantry and X Axis i think i will use Sprocket and roller chainand and (linear bearing supported for Y), for z axis i will use Lead Screws , the general propose from the machine (carving wood and maybe some soft metals )

so i'm thinking to use for the gantry one NEMA 34 HIGH TORQUE STEPPER MOTOR KL34H295-43-8B (1/2" Dual Shaft) Price: $105 Torque –Speed Curve. 906 oz In. Hybrid Motor 1.8° /200 Steps Per Rev. 6.1 Amps Current Per Phase ( Bipolar Parallel) 8-wire

And for the X & Z axis i will use NEMA 34 HIGH TORQUE STEPPER MOTOR 400 oz-in
    KL34H260-42-8A (1/2" Single Shaft) Price: $79 400 oz In. Hybrid Motor 1.8° /200 Steps Per Rev. 6.0 Amps Current Per Phase ( Bipolar Parallel)8-wire Bi-polar or unipolar

so if you think that i'm choosed somthing wrong please correct it to me

your cooperation is highly appreciated

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mismis,

I am certainly not an expert, ( Tom would be the one to let you know for sure ), but I think purchasing a 5A driver for 6A steppers is begging for trouble. I am a big fan of the KSTEP, it is an Awesome driver at a great price, but it is designed primarily with size 17 and 23 motors in mind. There isn't really any "wiggle room" in stepper motor specifications. If the motor is designed for 6.1A, it really needs 6.1A to perform as designed. The KSTEP is designed to provide a maximum of 5A per channel. You would be under powering the motors by nearly 20%. Will the result be catastrophic failure? Doubtful, but the performance will quite likely be terrible. For Size 34 motors you should really be looking at drivers like the SnapAmp or Gecko G2xx series.

One of the reasons drivers designed for larger motors are typically "single drivers" (rather than 4 drivers bundled together) is the power supply cost. Finding a 48V 20A+ power supply that is affordable can be a real challenge, it is typically easier and cheaper to buy 7A-10A 48V power supplies and connect each driver to its own power supply.

Everything about a large format machine is expensive. My little desktop router that only has an 8" x 11" cutting area is weighing in @ ~$2k. I have started a larger format machine (24" x 36"), and I suspect I will have ~4 times as much in it as I do my desktop machine (and I got a DEAL on the rails!). 120" x 60" is a HUGE project, and it is going to get expensive in a hurry, don't make it more so by buying parts that plainly are not designed to go together.

Hunter