I actually don't have my entire machine finished , yet.....Its a ZX-45 with Keling servos and DynoMotion KFLOP motion control with the SnapAmp 1000 servo amp.....but I must say I'm extremely impressed with the DynoMotion stuff so far.

I was initially intimidated with the KFLOP because it requires some C programming knowledge to get the most from the system......and I had none.

With Tom Kerekes's online help and a little time with an Arduino to help me learn about programming and basic electronics, I am up and moving with a lot of features that I really wanted.

The SnapAmp accepts differential encoder inputs.....which I really like, and it was pretty simple to get my homing program to sense my limits and back off to the next encoder index pulse. It seems that rigid tapping is well within reach, too.....even with an ac motor on a vfd.

There is also a great feature included with the system for servo tuning and analyzing. I don't yet understand all of its merits, but I'm sure it will come with a little more time.

Now that I have attained a basic understanding of the way things work, I have no doubt that its capable of most anything.....which is great, because I'm also getting underway with a complete control retrofit for a Studer S35 cylindrical grinder that has a lot of control functions that need to be implemented. I'm using the KFLOP and Kanalog board to operate the Siemans AC servos via the SimoDrives with analog input.

It's been a great learning experience so far, and I'm just really happy to be able to take this on and feel confident that I will get to where I need to be. I'll be a lot better off with my new found experience as well.

Tom at Dynomotion has provided exceptional tech support and is an invaluable asset for the people like me that don't really have much electronics or programming experience.

This system is not quite as plug and play as the usual stuff, but it seems to have unlimited potential and Tom is very helpful getting things working for those that don't really want to learn the intricacies of this cool and ridiculously versatile controller.

I can't wait to get deeper into it.

Thanks Tom.....I'm so glad I took the leap with your stuff.

Mike