General KFlop/KStep Precautions

Thread: General KFlop/KStep Precautions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default General KFlop/KStep Precautions

TK,

A few minutes ago, I plunked down the cash for a KFlop and KStep! Now that I've done so, can you make a brief list of precautions to take when working with your products? I saw the "Fried KFlop" post on the Yahoo Group and it got me thinking that what I've seen on your website does not talk about what we shouldn't do with the devices. For example, would enabling the amps on the KStep fry the board if not all the channels were connected to a stepper?

I'm just looking for a "CAUTION: DON'T DO THIS!!!" list for the noobs to run off of so that I don't let the smoke out when it comes time to fire up.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=would enabling the amps on the KStep fry the board if not all the channels were connected to a stepper?[/QUOTE]
    I don't connect all channel when enable and I don't have a problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Emulsified,

I don't have any specific recommendations except common sense:

If you miss wire or short High Voltage Motor wiring into low level IO signals you will most certainly cause damage. So always double check your wiring.

Do not unplug or connect a motor coil with power on. This is likely to cause a 30,000 V spark. Loose motor connections will cause this also.

Static electricity can cause damage. Heated air often has very low humidity which can make the risk of generating static electricity high. Carpet makes the risk higher. Always ground yourself before touching any circuit board or wiring.

Leaving a KSTEP motor coil output unconnected will not cause damage.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com