Machine Manager CNC and Automation Framework - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Machine Manager CNC and Automation Framework

Downloads
    Uploads

No. I was talking more about all the Configuration options. Only have the ones that is needed to get axes moving. Like me for instance, iam trying to get jog action but dont know the steps to take to get MM3 configured correctly. I have only used Mach3, so i dont know how to configure MM3.

Thanks,
    Troy

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, I see.

Since I cannot make special simplified interfaces, I guess that I need to put together a quick-start guide that has all steps required to setup a simple/typical 3 axis CNC machine.

I'm on it.

-Brad Murry

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sdavenport View Post
    Hi Brad,

Many of our HMI's have an embedded cad engine, VectorDraw Drawing components 3D and 2D ActiveX CAD CAM, that I use for 3d graphics and some math. The operator will scan a barcode and the job data will be sent to the cad engine where the operator will inspect and possibly modify the lines and arcs. After he is satisfied a dxf file will be created and another utillity extracts the vector data and sends it to the Galil. All have an automation direct PLC with ethernet interface and a Galil with Ethernet interface. The PLC controls and monitors safety devices, motor starters, process variables etc.. Some of the machines run several days on a single job without stopping and when there is a problem the PC calls or emails the operator.

After writing this and giving it more thought, I suppose MM would work although it would take a fair amount of rewriting my vb code. We have some tools like a laser etcher and stencil cutters that it would work as is on. Can MM be used without an interface? How much are you going to charge for it?

Shannon
    That sounds right up the alley of what MM is meant to do. I have embedded the excellent Eyeshot graphics engine from devdept::

https://www.devdept.com/products/eyeshot/gallery/

for complex cadcam support.

MM can certainly be used without an interface(it is designed specifically to provide application agnostic / standalone support), though you can **easily import your own interface at runtime. In fact MM does not know/care about the currently installed interface as it is also loaded at runtime

**Has to be a WPF user control...

I have Galil libraries already (for MM2 which I use at work for a large variety of machines) and the libraries will convert to MM3 quite easily. I would have to see how the PLCs interact(I'm assuming modbus or something)

MM3 is beta right now and is completely free. I originally had it open-source for about 8 months but I recently locked it down due to lack of collaboration interest. Another huge motivation for locking it down is now I can incorporate commercial libraries like eyeshot for example and a few others.

The unpublished feature set is huge and growing, as is the hours of coding so there will eventually be a cost associated and it will likely be broken down for express(CNC only), pro(everthing) and enterprise(pro + source). I don't see it completely coming out of beta for 4-6 months so it will continue to be free at least until then.

Contributing beta testers will always be entitled to free updates, forever. When I say contributing, I mean those brave souls who are actively trying to get MM working for their applications and provide me with feedback/bug reports.

Regards,

Brad Murry

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bradodarb View Post
    OK, I see.

Since I cannot make special simplified interfaces, I guess that I need to put together a quick-start guide that has all steps required to setup a simple/typical 3 axis CNC machine.

I'm on it.

-Brad Murry
    Hello Brad,
    Any progress? Or is this put on the back burner. ( I know, cause i have more back burners than i should.

Thanks,
    Troy

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Docs

( I know, cause i have more back burners than i should. )
    Yeah.... That used to be only a problem in my physical world but seems to be creeping into my programming projects as well

I've been really bogged down porting the EMC interpreter over to .net so MM can have it's own interpreter. It is mostly functional, is 100% managed code and will allow MM to offer G-Code interpretation over a wide range of hardware.

Thats not to say I have not been working on MM itself though. I have been adding some features, refining a few things and squashing some bugs.

I hope to be able to kick out a new build and a few more docs over the weekend.

-Brad Murry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Brad,
    I'm new to my Kflop, and I've just started bench testing here before getting my router all rigged up. At any rate, I've been curious about your front end solution, and I've tried to get it working, but for the life of me, I can't get anything to happen from KmotionWebNC. It loads up just fine, but I can't get the one motor I have setup to turn, even though I have been tuning and executing Gcode from KmotionCNC for the last couple of days. Am I missing something? do I need to link your app with a setup file? I've tried doing this in the settings, but it's not happening. Any thoughts are appreciated. Sorry for how basic this must all sound, but as I said, I'm just starting to get things all hooked up, and I am pretty impressed so far from Kflop (thanks Tom!)
    -Eli

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Funny, right after I posted this I got it moving. Not sure what I did, but I should say that sometimes it seems as if KMotionCNC.net interferes with Kmotion and vice versa, so maybe there is something to that?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello,
    i just joined on job as a trainee.but i dont know how to proced inorder to learn ladder logics.
    can u help me

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234