Dynatorch - Super B or XLR8

Thread: Dynatorch - Super B or XLR8

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Dynatorch - Super B or XLR8

Looking for anyone that has purchased a Dynatorch in the last year or so.

Which model did you go with?

What do you like most about your table?

Do you run it a down draft or a water table?

What options did you get with it?

Did you get SIGMANEST or SheetCam?

If you went with a XLR8, did you get the Panasonic Servo Package.

I'm planning a trip to check them out in person. I have spoken to everyone there at one time or another. They all seem knowledgeable & most importantly, patient when a newbie . . . . Did not get that feeling with the dozen or so of the other big guys offering big iron.

Similar Threads:

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

The SuperB and XLR8 are not even the same class of machine, how can you be comparing them?

I got the XLR8 because it is significantly closer to professional grade with an extremely well designed downdraft system.
    There really is no such thing as the "Panasonic Servo Package", they are standard feature of this machine.
    Definitely spend the few extra bucks and get the Plasmamate software.
    Nesting is up to you whether it is worth it, it is not cheap, but if you are always cutting multiples you need some sort of nest software.
    I do have Sigmanest, I feel it does a great job of making nests. I also feel it is difficult to use, the settings are often hidden or not straightforward, the CAD tools do not adhere to age-old industry norms and non of the supplied tutorials worked (they didn't seem to care and offered paid training), other than that tech support has been very good.
    Alas, I have no experience with sheetcam, because I received a special deal on Sigmanest so didn't have cause to shop around.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nearly 2 years since i bought the 6ft gantry package and added the oxy and marker attachments, I built my own 6x12 water table. It has been great, I have hundreds of part files stored, I do heavy equipment repairs. I do have the older 2316 motors on my unit, I use the Hypertherm "best cut speeds" and as i don't have my computer and controller sealed in a filtered cabinet i tend to shut down the electronics if they are to be idle for a while so they don't suck too much dust from the shop. Dynatorch software is excellent, there are settings and adjustments galore but most i leave alone, you configure a library of materials that you cut with their unique parameters like pierce delay, pierce height, speed to cut height, cut speed etc. Also i purchased Wecim for drawing parts and coding them it makes my job easy when I code parts for plasma, oxy or plate marking.
    Good luck, go check them out I did.
    Andy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CNCCajun The non Panasonic servo motor system is the XLS, it uses 200 watt servos and has higher ratio gearboxes. It isn't designed to be used with HD plasma.
    It still has speeds over 400ipm. Great for normal air plasma or oxy fuel.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just checking, any proud new DYNATORCH owners . . . ?

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Proud

Very proud DT owner way over in Namibia, Africa. First owner of a DT machine this side of the world!! Its worked non stop since the day it arrived(till now). I had little knowledge of CNC machines, I learnt how to use this machine with a bit of my own intuition and Leon's patience!! Its been nearly 6 months but I've done some really amazing stuff with the XLS8, work and pleasure!!! I must commend the DT team, they have been spot on, even though I'm way over here they have always given support where its needed and Leon basically set up the machine over Teamviewer and got me going! We built our own water table with DT's design and when the machine arrived we put it together and slid the water table into position NO PROBLEMS.

My only reservation is the speed of Sigmanest on their pedestal PC. I can't even run AUTOCAD on it. Its VERY SLOW, and when I am nesting complex art designs it takes nearly 5 minutes to load the DXF onto Sigma. maybe they can improve on the PC performance with a graphics card or something(LOL).

Servo motors have been performing so well!!. Recently had a problem with the Z axis USDigital Encoder and board, something went wrong, grounding is proper we followed their advice. Switched Encoders with slave X and it works fine. They supplied a new board on warranty and hopefully the encoder will follow. Cant wait to get started again its a pleasure working with this product, once again HI 5 to DT!!!

Neil
    (secretly wish i could work for them)

If you want to see some stuff I've done check out https://www.facebook.com/execsignsnamibia?ref=hl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dynatorch is a great company to deal with. knowledgeable and professional. I purchases the xlr8 system two years ago and made a heavy frame and water table.
    Michael