Need help with a Dynapath 20 controller!

Thread: Need help with a Dynapath 20 controller!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help with a Dynapath 20 controller!

I have a Hurco machine with a Delta Dynapath 20 controller, the other day we started experiencing problems with the z-axis. It seems that everytime that it rapids up or down that it has an error, "Z-axis runaway" something like that at least. Is there a way to change the parameters to make the rapid slower so it won't have this error?

I also don't have the manuals for the machine, bought it used and didn't get anything with it, so the more information, the better.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Check the encoder connections everywhere first. If the controller is losing the encoder signal momentarily, that could be the cause of the error. Maybe the Z encoder itself is failing.

Just be glad the controller stops it for you

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, any other suggestions? Can I change the speed of the Z-Axis rapid manually?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have 4 tree mills with Delta 10, 20 and 30 controls. Sounds like Hu is rght.. We have had encoder and driver board troubles from time to time. You can try changing the driver board with one of the other axises to see if the problem follows the board.. I looked through my book to see if you can change the speed, I do not see anything..
    Good luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I recall hearing that some machines, I don't know if the machine you are talking about is one, have issues where the encoder disk can loosen off the motor shaft. I might inquire about this. The scenario I heard about it was mentioned that a service tech. reattach or tighten the screw which holds it to the shaft.

Having worked on motors in a non CNC applications. I think the encoders are attached firmly to the shafts, but if this is an earlier machine, the motor design could be different and require this.

I throw this out not to start rumors, but to see if anyone else has heard this or for you to investigate as a possible solution.

Please reply to let me know if I am full of **it or if this is true.

Downloads
    Uploads

Heck, Tab, yours is as good a suggestion as any. There are all sorts of not-so-strange ways which mechanical devices cease to work properly.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cjs83 View Post
    I have a Hurco machine with a Delta Dynapath 20 controller, the other day we started experiencing problems with the z-axis. It seems that everytime that it rapids up or down that it has an error, "Z-axis runaway" something like that at least. Is there a way to change the parameters to make the rapid slower so it won't have this error?

I also don't have the manuals for the machine, bought it used and didn't get anything with it, so the more information, the better.

Thanks!
    Good Morning,
    First; Check your Z axis to see if it has a DC brake, it may be slipping and it is Not shown on the Hurco/DynaPath prints.
    Second, If you have a Servo Dynamics drive (made by Baldor) you can slow down the overall speed by adjusting the "S" trim pot. CW increases & CCW decreases motor speed. If you need prints, email me Macy41@aol.com, Subject: DynaPath. It's 7 megs of files.
    Best,
    Rick Macy

Downloads
    Uploads

hello all
    i have also dyapath hurco milling machine. after changing x y ballscrew balls its has a problem. please help me. when i make squire or rectangle it + or - at stop when one axes stop and secend in working. my size chenged. bot in circle ant all arcs it work very good.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cjs83 View Post

Thanks!
    I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default encoder issues

I have had the same issues with our dynapath controls for 20 years. Loss of feedback or no motion detected is always linked to an encoder giving up. I swap one out for a new one immediately when I start getting this message. You may want to try swapping a Z axis encoder with the Y just to be sure you are on the right track. I only had one time when this didn't fix the issue and it happened to be a bad fuse. The axis shouldn't have been able to run on 2 legs of three phase but it was trying to and subsequently was faulting out the control with that loss of motion / feedback detected fault.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with a Dynapath 20 controller!

I was having a problem similar to this and I fixed it by looking at the going to the mode select 5 for the set up page. Then go to TM4 I believe. You want to look at the lag. It should be running about .0100. If it is greater you need to adjust the signal pot on the drive. Turn it only one half turn at a time and then jog the axis and observe the lag. This is what I did on an old Ex-cell-0 machine that had been updated to a dynapath 50 controller. It may be similar to yours on the 20.