delta 40

Thread: delta 40

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default delta 40

i am trying to get a chevalier 2040 mill with a dynapath delta 40 controller running
    the initial problem was that it wouldnt boot up , possibly due to the fact that it had been moved and left sitting for a couple of years
    the original floppy disk had a fault so a new one was purchased and installed
    now it boots up fine but when i go to reference it a fault "no air to claw or(gripper) " comes up which I assume is part of the tool carousel which this machine does not have
    how do i bypass or rectify this

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: delta 40

Kroy,

Did the machine originally have a carousel or pneumatic drawbar?

RT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

it has a pneumatic drawbar but i dont think its original and it doesnt seem to be connected to the controller in any way
    it never had a carousel

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not familiar with this machine so my advice will be very generic.

One thing I should have asked initially is if you know for a fact that the machine was operational in its current configuration? Why was it sidelined? Is it possible someone tried to fix it and didn't finish the job?

Bypassing a switch involves figuring out how the PLC logic deals with that input and physically bypassing that input or reprogramming the PLC. That's harder to do if you don't have the wiring diagram.

It sounds like there is (or was) a pressure switch somewhere on the machine. I'd trace out all the air lines and see if there is such a switch. If you find one and it tests ok, trace the wiring back and check for broken wires or worn/cracked insulation that would cause an electrical short. Maybe someone replaced the power drawbar actuator and didn't bother with the pressure switch.

That's about all I can think of at this time. Perhaps if you fill in the details we'll be able to home in on a fix.

RT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the machine was sidelined as the company that owned it went under
    It was bought by a friend of mine and has been sitting in his workshop for the last 6 years , not being used
    I operated it for the original company up until about 3 months before they shut down so am reasonably confident that it was running up until the time that it was moved.
    Other people have tried to fix it recently and am not sure exactly what they did apart from loading new software and replacing a battery on the motherboard , nothing too major i hope , i dont think they played around with the wiring or anything like that
    The pneumatic drawbar that is on it is an Australian one that can be added to pretty much any mill I think and as far as I can see has no connection to the controller but I will check again
    I thought that the new software that was purchased may not be exactly the same as the original or that it is configured for a machine that has a carousel
    I have sent an email to dynalink and chevalier but they havnt replied yet
    thanks for your time

Downloads
    Uploads

Best bet would be to find a full electrical diagram from a similar Chevalier with a carousel. That way you will be able to electrically bypass the sensor input on the controller directly.

That drawbar was on the machine when you ran it before? That's probably not the issue then.

The easiest way to contact Dynapath is to pick up the phone, they may be able to determine if the software version you have is suitable for your machine.

RT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

all sorted
    the machine parameters were not correct , possibly because the memory battery was renewed , so reinstalled the originals
    thanks for your help

Downloads
    Uploads

Good to hear it's all sorted out.

RT