Dynapath 10/20 Estop no reset

Thread: Dynapath 10/20 Estop no reset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dynapath 10/20 Estop no reset

Greetings,
    I'm troubleshooting a Dynapath control on a Lagunmatic 310 kneemill. I've been working at getting this machine running for a while now. I purchased it from someone who had purchased it at auction, and then stored it in his polebarn for 2 years. After cleaning and lubing everything, I fired the machine up, and it has been running reasonably well: there have been minor hiccups, like the spindle switch coming disconnected inside the panel, and loose connections in the 3 phase spindle motor wiring. After going over all the accessible electrical connections with DeOxit 5 and retightening everything, I've been able to run the machine successfully for many hours.
    But, the last time I started the machine up, I got some significant errors. I was turning the machine on, per my usual procedure, except that this time I plugged my laptop into the RS232 port before turning the mill control on. At boot-up, the control began scrolling through multiple screens quickly enough that I could barely see what was being displayed. I shut the power off, disconnected the laptop, waited a minute and rebooted normally. I did the usual power-on, Mode Select, Fault/Status, Reset E stop routine, and everything seemed normal except that the E stop condition did not clear. I shut it down, Googled for help, re-checked the waylube and spindle oil levels, input air pressure, verified correct operation of the E stop switch, and powered up again. This time the screen went into the rapid scrolling routine again, but stopped on an error screen saying that there was a failure in Probe 1. Not likely, as there are no probes set up on this machine. The community mind at Google pointed out this sort of rapid scrolling failure usually has to do with the keyboard module; and the next time I saw the rapid scrolling symptom, a smart rap in the center of the control panel put a stop to it. So I cleaned and DeOxit 5 treated all the connections inside the control panel - since then, I have not seen the rapid scrolling.
    The E stop condition still will not clear, though, and this is where things get scary. (for me anyway) I powered the machine up, and switched to the Fault/Status page where the limit switch states are displayed. The Y+ switch and the X- switches were displaying normally, but the Y- switch was nonresponsive, and the pressing the X+ switch caused the control to display BOTH X+ and Y- limit switches as being made, regardless of the position of the Y- switch. I checked voltages at the J1 DB25 connector pins, and all of the switches are functioning correctly, 25V present at the connector until the switch is made, and then voltage drops to 0, with no crosstalk between switch wires.
    I pulled all of the circuit boards, wiped the edges of the connectors down with DeOxit 5, cleaned away all the dust and aluminum chips, and being careful about static discharge, I re-installed everything. Still no change in the E-stop status, and the crosstalk on the limit switches is still present.
    I have asked Dynapath to quote me a price for the wiring diagram, but I don't expect to hear back from them until after the weekend.
    I have also traced the wiring from the E-stop circuit, and as far as I can tell, I have 25 volts everywhere that I am supposed to, up until the wiring disappears into the circuit boards.
    I titled this post Dynapath 10/20 because the control panel is clearly labelled Dynapath 20, but the control serial number label gives the model # as DELTA 10-MU. I'm pretty sure the firmware # is PA55111, but as I am not in front of the machine at the moment, I can't say for certain.

Any constructive suggestions would be much appreciated at this point.

Thanks,
    Cyprian.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dynapath 10/20 Estop no reset

I'm guessing that you have this fixed by now ...

Just in case you haven't ...

Have you check the status lights on the Aux board (in my 20, it is the rightmost board in the rack). If you see, a red light, that indicates a watchdog timer error. That will cause a permanent e-stop condition. If you see green, then I'm not sure what is happening!

If you google watchdog timer e-stop error, you will find some fixes. In my case, I had to replace the electrolytic capacitors on the AUX and PIC boards.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dynapath 10/20 Estop no reset

Quote Originally Posted by ctroyer View Post
    Greetings,
    I'm troubleshooting a Dynapath control on a Lagunmatic 310 kneemill. I've been working at getting this machine running for a while now. I purchased it from someone who had purchased it at auction, and then stored it in his polebarn for 2 years. After cleaning and lubing everything, I fired the machine up, and it has been running reasonably well: there have been minor hiccups, like the spindle switch coming disconnected inside the panel, and loose connections in the 3 phase spindle motor wiring. After going over all the accessible electrical connections with DeOxit 5 and retightening everything, I've been able to run the machine successfully for many hours.
    But, the last time I started the machine up, I got some significant errors. I was turning the machine on, per my usual procedure, except that this time I plugged my laptop into the RS232 port before turning the mill control on. At boot-up, the control began scrolling through multiple screens quickly enough that I could barely see what was being displayed. I shut the power off, disconnected the laptop, waited a minute and rebooted normally. I did the usual power-on, Mode Select, Fault/Status, Reset E stop routine, and everything seemed normal except that the E stop condition did not clear. I shut it down, Googled for help, re-checked the waylube and spindle oil levels, input air pressure, verified correct operation of the E stop switch, and powered up again. This time the screen went into the rapid scrolling routine again, but stopped on an error screen saying that there was a failure in Probe 1. Not likely, as there are no probes set up on this machine. The community mind at Google pointed out this sort of rapid scrolling failure usually has to do with the keyboard module; and the next time I saw the rapid scrolling symptom, a smart rap in the center of the control panel put a stop to it. So I cleaned and DeOxit 5 treated all the connections inside the control panel - since then, I have not seen the rapid scrolling.
    The E stop condition still will not clear, though, and this is where things get scary. (for me anyway) I powered the machine up, and switched to the Fault/Status page where the limit switch states are displayed. The Y+ switch and the X- switches were displaying normally, but the Y- switch was nonresponsive, and the pressing the X+ switch caused the control to display BOTH X+ and Y- limit switches as being made, regardless of the position of the Y- switch. I checked voltages at the J1 DB25 connector pins, and all of the switches are functioning correctly, 25V present at the connector until the switch is made, and then voltage drops to 0, with no crosstalk between switch wires.
    I pulled all of the circuit boards, wiped the edges of the connectors down with DeOxit 5, cleaned away all the dust and aluminum chips, and being careful about static discharge, I re-installed everything. Still no change in the E-stop status, and the crosstalk on the limit switches is still present.
    I have asked Dynapath to quote me a price for the wiring diagram, but I don't expect to hear back from them until after the weekend.
    I have also traced the wiring from the E-stop circuit, and as far as I can tell, I have 25 volts everywhere that I am supposed to, up until the wiring disappears into the circuit boards.
    I titled this post Dynapath 10/20 because the control panel is clearly labelled Dynapath 20, but the control serial number label gives the model # as DELTA 10-MU. I'm pretty sure the firmware # is PA55111, but as I am not in front of the machine at the moment, I can't say for certain.

Any constructive suggestions would be much appreciated at this point.

Thanks,
    Cyprian.
    Great post. It has been quite some time since you posted, but I am very curious if you resolved your problem. I too am experiencing the same issue as you are. The scrolling words on the screen; the emergency stop that doesn't want to go away. I posted a short video of it here (youtube) - is this what you were experiencing?

Thanks,
    Mark

Need a Supermax YCM-40 Mill manual? Download the PDF here (replace _ with .):
    [url]http://www.istonline.ca/download/supermax-ycm-40.pdf[/url]