Tool Change - sample?

Thread: Tool Change - sample?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool Change - sample?

Hey gang - really making progress here with the Tree/DynaDelta 20 setup. Hungup on how to write a tool change for it, though. Think I might be missing something in regards to the random tool table.

If anyone would be willing to post an example bit of code with a tool change, that would be a huge help.

Thanks,

Bill

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Whole bunch of different tree models, but usually just m6 t whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are there position codes to make it stop (M00?) and go to tool change position?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the set up mode, you can set the Home Position. The program will send the machine to the home position coordinates and turn off the spindle (assuming the spindle is under program control) when you call for a new tool. The machine also goes to home at M30, end of program.

Downloads
    Uploads

The model of the machine needs to be known. Tree branded machines ran the gamut from knee mills with manual drawbars to machining centers with automatic tool changers. How tool changes are accomplished varied alot.

You mention the random tool table, which implies the machine has an automatic tool changer. If so, the tool change position would be defined in parameters and would not be tied to the home position. This was done so that the operator couldn't change the tool change position inadvertently.

Also, if the machine has an automatic tool changer, M00 stops would be unnecessary. The machine would be set up to make all the necessary axis moves at the appropriate times to complete the tool change.

Downloads
    Uploads

Apologies - yes, it is a Tree VMC1060 - with ATC. A simple M6 command doesn't seem to do much (it raises to the tool change position but does not change tools - despite an M6/Txx combination).

Foolish me - I shouldn't have deleted the files that were in the machine before sorting this part out!

Bill

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe the 1060 was about the only side mount atc if I remember correctly. If it is the side mount, what happened when you call a txx without the m6? The magazine should rotate, if it doesn't, the tool numbers probably aren't assigned to the pockets, and I have no idea how to solve that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    I believe the 1060 was about the only side mount atc if I remember correctly. If it is the side mount, what happened when you call a txx without the m6? The magazine should rotate, if it doesn't, the tool numbers probably aren't assigned to the pockets, and I have no idea how to solve that.
    UTT - I think you may be on to something there. I bet I inadvertently cleared the random tool table - I'll check it out in the morning. Assigning to the pockets isn't that difficult (at least reading the manual, it doesn't seem as if it will be).

Thanks.

Bill