dyna mechtronics dm2800 transformer

Thread: dyna mechtronics dm2800 transformer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default dyna mechtronics dm2800 transformer

I have a dyna mechtronic dm2800 whenever I plug it in it will blow the fuse at the power cord.I tried slow blow fuses but same thing.I unhooked the wires coming out of the transformer going into the machine and it still blows the fuse. I set out emails to different transformer repair companies but I didn't get much response. Does anybody know of someone or some place that I could send this to have checked and repaired or a new one made? Not sure if it is the transformer or not I don't know how to check it. It looks like there are two different voltages coming out of it.This machine is useless the way it.Can anybody help?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dyna mechtronics dm2800 transformer-dscf0353-jpg   dyna mechtronics dm2800 transformer-dscf0358-jpg   dyna mechtronics dm2800 transformer-dscf0355-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: dyna mechtronics dm2800 transformer

It is a custom line transformer then convert your LINE power (110VAC think) into 2 outputs: 115VAC need to supply spindle, magnetic contactor and brake, and 18VAC than summed with 115VAC=133VAC need to supply axis motors, and logic 5VDC(distrib board and controller), i think that an 8A 1050VA transformer can be sufficient, if you want can buy separated trasformer, one for 115VAC 1KVA and other for 18VAC 30VA, you must connect secondary coils in series

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

to anyone interested i'm having a transformer made for me. I contacted watertown transformer. I told Mark the person I contacted that I would put there name out there for anyone needing a transformer. Contact Mark Molzner wtcsales@watertowntransformer.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Remove all links and input 120 between 0 and 124 if it still blows then it indicates the transformer may be shorted.
    You could replace it with a Toroid, there is a guy that puts them together Antek, he uses ebay also under Jonango,
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.