DYNACOM.EXE WANTED!!!!! - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DYNACOM.EXE WANTED!!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DYNACOM.EXE WANTED!!!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/RQCMdxkRzauSAEdz9 i ran the machine today off the post we have been working on. i got the radius direction backwards. no biggie. just a simple edit. a new file will be up shortly

edit: new post, correct radius direction..

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks again so much...nice to see yours running. I was hoping for a tool change in the video.... but hey what you have accomplished so far is what most said was impossible and to forget and just convert it.... I really appreciate it

I am setting up a win 98 computer for this lathe and it will be dedicated so is the dos program you listed in a post ...is this the one i should get to be able to transfer a file?

I am going to try and see what I can get done tomorrow...

Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Downloads
    Uploads

Just thinking of other possibilities here, you could have it put '01' in for the program number in the posted program by default unless a number is entered for "Program comment" on the post page? Use the number that was entered in the comment field instead? That way you could still use a real filename for the Program name or number entry?

Or maybe easier just have it check if the program name is a two digit number. Use that number in the program if it is, or use a default number if it isn't - instead of the current error?

You've got the post really cleaned up now! The only comment I would make is that it looks like you may have changed the Variable formatting in the feed rate code so that it now puts the feed rate before every line? You'd be able to save quite a few lines of code by getting rid of that.

I've been out of town for work this week, but can try and take a look at the threading code this weekend. My lathe controller doesn't even have a threading canned cycle. It uses a G33 move that is synchronized with the spindle, but there's a single call for each pass. That would be one way to do it, but this is one canned cycle that would be nice to use to it's full capability.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you can transfer the file with predator editor/dnc or there is a free program i'm using called edytornc. but they will both need to be configured to send a particular character at the end of the file. if you want to use dynacom.exe it can run within dosBox on any modern computer with a serial port. windows 98 is a bit of an unknown here. it's old enough that i don't know if it'll support dosbox and not old enough that i can say for sure that it will run dynacom.exe natively in the command prompt.

Downloads
    Uploads

i have preditor on a win98,vista,7 and 8.1 computer..... what character is needed and have you already explained in one of your post how to do this?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i'm not quite sure how to fix the feed rate, i'll take a look. i couldn't have done it without your work and your input that's for sure. figuring out the difference between writing multiple sections in one line delimited by a coma and concatenating them with the "+" made things a lot more clear to me. i couldn't figure out for a while why some commands weren't letting me format the numbers the same as others. once i noticed that little detail i got a lot of clean up done. then i was able to see the width parameter would leave leading spaces as long as the variable was concatenated so i don't need to zeropad everything. but of course once i got rid of the padding the "-" was in the wrong space the way i initially had it and i had to use your suggested code to get the "-" where i wanted it.

i need to look through the sample programs and/or test radius output where one of the coordinates doesn't change. i want to see if i need to use 3 lines. i know it's only going to save one line infrequently if it works but it all helps.

the name/number thing, yeah i had some ideas about checking the name for number content and grabbing the final 2 digits and commenting any text used in the program name into the programs second line so that the program is more easily identifiable on the machine. but it's only conceptual right now, i'm more interested in the threading cycle. i think reminding yourself to rename the program a 2 digit number is trivial right now. i might also change the file extension to ".nc" or ".txt" so you don't have to change the filter when you open it in an editor or dnc program. i'll have to start up dynacom.exe and see if it has a file extension requirement before i do so.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

it's not a character that is rendered in text. well, there are really 3 characters. one is called "sub" for substitute and it's hex number 1A or decimal number 026. i think predator uses the decimal number to output this character. then you follow it with line feed (lf) and carriage return (cr) which come from electronic typewriters and is used in every text file ever when you hit return/enter to start a new line(well depending on the operating system it may have one but not the other). the values for those characters are hex 0a or decimal 010 for line feed and hex 0d or decimal 013 for carriage return. some programing languages output these by typing /n and /r for enter and return.

there is an area in predator that allows you to add to the end of a file, i've seen it in the settings but haven't tested it since i don't have the program personally. my friend is a bobcad user so i have used it for editing. but i'll have to sit down with it to give precise instructions to get the end of file signal out. what happens when you don't have this setup is the machine gets stuck and you have to wait for it to time out (takes a while) or shut down the machine to get it out of download mode. it gets quite annoying.

Last edited by danxj7x; 12-05-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

going through some you tube videos it looks like what i'm talking about is in dnc>properties after you set the baud rate (2400), parity(none), data bits(7), stop bits(1), flow control (hardware), wait for machine (check), dtr (uncheck), rts (check) there is a page with after that has a line that says "conversation send end" and in the block to the right if i understand it you would write \026\013\010 and that's it. i may also be able to put it into the post processor so it's in the text file itself. a normal text editor would not render "sub" but might show a square or something. predator would show something but i don't know what it looks like.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I only put about an hour into this so be careful as I may have missed something. I've definitely learned enough about Fusion's threading output to make it worthwhile to me!

I didn't do anything as far as formatting the x & z data so that still needs to be cleaned up, but I think all the necessary parameters are output.

I left it without a finishing pass, because I don't see that Fusion has a way to specify the depth for a finish pass. It would be simple enough to do something like take a percentage of the total thread depth, but I didn't want to make any assumptions like that. Maybe take the (thread depth / number of passes) * .5 or something to make the finish pass half of the others?

Check it out when you get a chance.

-- just had another thought. Not sure, but for an internal thread, the XA value may need to be negative? The 3000H manual only has a few examples and they're all outside threads as far as I see.

Dave

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

very cool! i guess it would be a good time to test the drilling as well and to start cleaning that up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

threading needs work. the feed must be in mm even if the machine is in inch mode. it's just an oddity about this machine. there is a table in the back of my manual that outlines this.

Downloads
    Uploads

as far as the yahoo group goes...not sure but i dont think that group is active anlylonger

Downloads
    Uploads

It is, but just barely hanging on. The original creator/moderator never even received his lathe. He was ripped off by the seller IIRC.

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by danxj7x View Post
    threading needs work. the feed must be in mm even if the machine is in inch mode. it's just an oddity about this machine. there is a table in the back of my manual that outlines this.
    Must be a limitation the 3000H doesn't have. I didn't see any mention of that in my manual. I'll take a look...

So you're saying just the "FR XZ/M =" line needs to be specified in mm? Or do you mean the pitch lead?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dammachines View Post
    Must be a limitation the 3000H doesn't have. I didn't see any mention of that in my manual. I'll take a look...

So you're saying just the "FR XZ/M =" line needs to be specified in mm? Or do you mean the pitch lead?
    I believe it's just the pitch lead. But I didn't see any non metric examples in my manual. The actual feed seemed low even for the wrong units though... My manual doesn't have any actual instructions on this. You just have to infer from the examples and one obscure table in the back of the book.

BTW, does your manual have any reference to what the NN line is doing? Just curious. I guess I can use the machines interface and see what it outputs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I see that table at the back of your manual, but don't see anything saying what it is for or that the lead must be in mm. My manual only has inch examples and it isn't using mm for lead.

The feed that the machine will use should be calculated automatically based on spindle speed and the pitch/lead. I know I saw in your manual where it said the Z feed would be temporarily (f)ignored.

I do see the hand written notes on page 9-3 about the lead being in mm for doing the calculation to decide what spindle speed to use. Is it possible that table is there just to help out for that?
    NN is the number of leads (I think more commonly referred to as the number of Starts). I just set it to one, but I see that there is a parameter ('leads-supported', 1) that could be used.

If the LD does need to be in mm it should be a simple fix to just check for mm units and multiply by 25.4 if not. Some thing like writeBlock("LD = ", pitch * (unit == MM ? 1 : 25.4)); Should do it... well, plus some formatting.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I see that table at the back of your manual, but don't see anything saying what it is for or that the lead must be in mm. My manual only has inch examples and it isn't using mm for lead.

The feed that the machine will use should be calculated automatically based on spindle speed and the pitch/lead. I know I saw in your manual where it said the Z feed would be temporarily (f)ignored.

I do see the hand written notes on page 9-3 about the lead being in mm for doing the calculation to decide what spindle speed to use. Is it possible that table is there just to help out for that?
    NN is the number of leads (I think more commonly referred to as the number of Starts). I just set it to one, but I see that there is a parameter ('leads-supported', 1) that could be used.

If the LD does need to be in mm it should be a simple fix to just check for mm units and multiply by 25.4 if not. Some thing like writeBlock("LD = ", pitch * (unit == MM ? 1 : 25.4)); Should do it... well, plus some formatting.

Dave
    It doesn't "say" it. But it gives a ld value for some standard thread pitches. If you do the math its mm.another page of the table shows ld values for metric and its 1:1. All I know is the pace the machine was moving to do a 12 thread/in was more like it was turning than threading.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh! So you actually ran the code on your machine. Got it. So you're using an LD value of .083?

The 3000H manual has an example for a 1/2-20 thread in 10 passes.

Their code is:
    THREAD o 10
    XA = .0721
    ZB = -1.0
    NN = 1
    LD = .05

I got this from the post for something similar (just different length):

013 THREAD o 5
    014 XA = 0.07209999999999998
    015 ZB = -1.1999999913643664
    016 NN = 1
    017 LD = 0.05

I did just notice that when you select Use Cycle for threading, it doesn't appear to include the movement to the initial point at the start of the thread. That will need to be fixed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh! So you actually ran the code on your machine. Got it. So you're using an LD value of .083?

The 3000H manual has an example for a 1/2-20 thread in 10 passes.

Their code is:
    THREAD o 10
    XA = .0721
    ZB = -1.0
    NN = 1
    LD = .05

I got this from the post for something similar (just different length):

013 THREAD o 5
    014 XA = 0.07209999999999998
    015 ZB = -1.1999999913643664
    016 NN = 1
    017 LD = 0.05

I did just notice that when you select Use Cycle for threading, it doesn't appear to include the movement to the initial point at the start of the thread. That will need to be fixed.
    We have to figure out the maximum feed on the machine and threading rpm. It could be that something is out of range and the machine doesn't have an error routine for that. Give me time to test it again because the first time I tested it I misplaced a zero and it still seemed too slow. I could be wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

According to the 3000 manual, the recommended spindle speed was 800 / lead (in mm). So for a 12 tpi thread the spindle speed should be 800 / 2.11666 or 377 rpm?

According to the 3000H manual there is an error code for "ERROR CODE 24 Spindle speed too high." So I would think it would let you know if it couldn't move fast enough for the requested lead...
    There's also an error code for Pitch too large...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast