Greetings --

I acquired a Dyna 2400 machine some years ago, and am now able to spend me time on getting it operating. This machine is roughly 1990-1991 vintage, with 2400C control. I am at the point where it's cleaned up, powered up,and I was able to run an axis exercise program, as well as run the spindle under local control. I think I could make the machine do some real work now, BUT I am concerned about the spindle drive motor. It seems to be the source of some clunking/knocking noise, and it feels a bit notchy when removed for eval.The brushes are OK, it appears, and I don't see major scoring on the commutator. The spindle feels quite good, comparatively.

I would like any direction available for a new motor source, as a risk mitigation measure. I plan to take this motor apart, but would like to know whether I can acquire a replacement easily beforehand. This motor is labeled "Jones Instrument Corp.", and they don't appear to be in business that I can tell, at least from calling their disconnected phone number. Cross-reference info would be much appreciated.

Thanks --