Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3

Ok, thanks. I going to try.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I sent a message to rickster but his last activity on the forum is from 2012
    Can you scan it for me ? some pictures of the exploided views and schematics will be enough
    I,ll use the machine with mach3 I'm not interested in the controller manual.
    Sorry for my insistence and thanks again

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very, veey, very thanks but sorry, what I need now is the mechanical exploided view. Can you post it?
    Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

All I have are a few photos.

Dynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpgDynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome! This is all I need. Thank you veeeeery much.
    Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Spindle drive. I'm converting a 2800 and so far have all the axis and limit switches working through the g540 and smoothstepper. The problem I have is the spindle won't function. Jeff at soigeneris has been really helpful but I don't want to keep hassling him with questions. I understand that the spindle driver board is looking for a signal to switch the spindle on but the wires on the home/local switch have become unattached and I need advice on getting it wired back up and making sire the correct signal goes to the board to tell it to work. Or if I use the g540 and relays to control it where does the +5v from the relay go to turn on the spindle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post
    Spindle drive. I'm converting a 2800 and so far have all the axis and limit switches working through the g540 and smoothstepper. The problem I have is the spindle won't function. Jeff at soigeneris has been really helpful but I don't want to keep hassling him with questions. I understand that the spindle driver board is looking for a signal to switch the spindle on but the wires on the home/local switch have become unattached and I need advice on getting it wired back up and making sire the correct signal goes to the board to tell it to work. Or if I use the g540 and relays to control it where does the +5v from the relay go to turn on the spindle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

The local/program switch powers the spindle/coolant function with 5vdc and all switches must be connected together for it to work. When the switch is on local, it automatically supplies power to the spindle/coolant switches from the dyna 5vdc regulator. If the switch is on program, it needs 5vdc that no longer exists when the distribution board was removed.

The way I did this on my machine with the G540 conversion was installed a 48vdc relay that the G540 controls and then tapped into the existing Dyna 5vdc power supply to feed the relay (C/NO) that powers the local/program switch when in program. The AMC interface board controls the AMC spindle amp and needs a 5vdc signal to turn the spindle on. I forgot what color wire feeds the interface board but could easily find out with a meter. My dyna wires to the local/program switch are colored (brown & orange) with a red tag numbered (1&2). If you look inside your cabinet, the cable should be labeled as well. An easy way to find out is power up the machine and check for 5vdc on either wire inside the controller switch enclosure (brown/orange). So for example, say the orange wire has 5vdc, then the brown wire would need to be powered from the relay or vice versa for the program/G540 to work.

The coolant only works when the spindle is on. If you want the G540 to control the coolant, then another relay would be needed as well...

Attached are a few pictures of my conversion including a full enclosure that I built last year.

Dynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpeg

Good luck on your project!

Regards,

David

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Dave
    I think I was over complicating things. I'll run a 5v wire from the machine to the local/programme switch to test if it works. I'll let you know if it does

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robonut32 View Post
    Hi Paul,

The local/program switch powers the spindle/coolant function with 5vdc and all switches must be connected together for it to work. When the switch is on local, it automatically supplies power to the spindle/coolant switches from the dyna 5vdc regulator. If the switch is on program, it needs 5vdc that no longer exists when the distribution board was removed.

The way I did this on my machine with the G540 conversion was installed a 48vdc relay that the G540 controls and then tapped into the existing Dyna 5vdc power supply to feed the relay (C/NO) that powers the local/program switch when in program. The AMC interface board controls the AMC spindle amp and needs a 5vdc signal to turn the spindle on. I forgot what color wire feeds the interface board but could easily find out with a meter. My dyna wires to the local/program switch are colored (brown & orange) with a red tag numbered (1&2). If you look inside your cabinet, the cable should be labeled as well. An easy way to find out is power up the machine and check for 5vdc on either wire inside the controller switch enclosure (brown/orange). So for example, say the orange wire has 5vdc, then the brown wire would need to be powered from the relay or vice versa for the program/G540 to work.

The coolant only works when the spindle is on. If you want the G540 to control the coolant, then another relay would be needed as well...

Attached are a few pictures of my conversion including a full enclosure that I built last year.

Good luck on your project!

Regards,

David

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again Dave

I tried it but unfortunately no joy. I did have an electrical engineer look at it a couple of weeks ago and he wanted a circuit diagram for the spindle drive/control board. Would an alternative board work with the existing motor? The machine is too good to give up on. I notice yours has a new motor and drive. Which system did you use?

Thanks Dave
    I think I was over complicating things. I'll run a 5v wire from the machine to the local/programme switch to test if it works. I'll let you know if it does

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Dyna has an OEM spindle motor and Amp (nothing changed). The local/program switch is just a power distribution source for the spindle/coolant switches. There should be three wires attached to the local/program switch. Two wires (brown/orange) feed the switch with 5vdc from the main enclosure. One wire comes from the existing 5 vdc regulator that is always hot and the other comes from the G540 relay. When the G540 is activated (under program control) both wires will supply 5vdc to the local/program switch only when a G-code file is loaded and running (M03 spindle ON). The third wire is a jumper attached to the spindle switch and supplies 5vdc to that switch. The other wire attached to the spindle switch goes back to the converter board that turns on the spindle (see attached). If you supply the spindle switch with 5vdc and the spindle still wont turn on, then its possible the spindle circuit breaker is tripped, the wire that returns back to the converter/AMC board is disconnected somewhere or a board problem. I uploaded a circuit diagram in my previous posts that may help...Dynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpeg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again Dave

I tried it but unfortunately no joy. I did have an electrical engineer look at it a couple of weeks ago and he wanted a circuit diagram for the spindle drive/control board. Would an alternative board work with the existing motor? The machine is too good to give up on. I notice yours has a new motor and drive. Which system did you use?

Paul,

My Dyna has an OEM spindle motor and Amp (nothing changed). The local/program switch is just a power distribution source for the spindle/coolant switches. There should be three wires attached to the local/program switch. Two wires (brown/orange) feed the switch with 5vdc from the main enclosure. One wire comes from the existing 5 vdc regulator that is always hot and the other comes from the G540 relay. When the G540 is activated (under program control) both wires will supply 5vdc to the local/program switch only when a G-code file is loaded and running (M03 spindle ON). The third wire is a jumper attached to the spindle switch and supplies 5vdc to that switch. The other wire attached to the spindle switch goes back to the converter board that turns on the spindle (see attached). If you supply the spindle switch with 5vdc and the spindle still wont turn on, then its possible the spindle circuit breaker is tripped, the wire that returns back to the converter/AMC board is disconnected somewhere or a board problem. I uploaded a circuit diagram in my previous posts that may help...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynamyte DM2800 conversion to Mach3-image-jpeg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123