Had to transfer to anouther pc downloaded installed registered product shows it is registered .I keep getting this server busy thing poping up anyone got a idea about this .And then it locks you in and you have to dump the program to get out?
Something within Windows is preventing the various PartMaster modules from Registering themselves with the Windows Registry Database. This is necessary so that when you click on a .dra file for example Windows knows that it needs to load the PartMaster CAD system to open the file. So here is a simple test,
* open Explorer and navigate to [My Documents]PartMaster\Drawings\Examples\CAD.
* Double click on any one of the .dra files.
* Does it open immediately or do you get a dialog asking which program to open it with ?
* If you get asked, select [Program Files]\DolphinCadCam\PartMaster\Programs\Dcad.exe, the dra file should get opened.
* OK, so close the drawing and double click on "Area Clear.dra", does it open or has Windows forgotten which program to use ?
* If the drawing opened OK, go to the Machining menu and select "Milling module", THe PartMaster CAM module should open with the component centered on screen, does it ?
Try the same procedures in [My Documents]PartMaster\Drawings\Examples\CAD. In that folder there are some sample .cnc files that should open with Dcam.exe, can you open one or does Windows ask which program to use. ?
If it is necessary to tell Windows which program is required to open a .dra file or a .cnc file then it means that the relevant programs (Dcad.exe and Dcam.exe) are not registered with the Windows database. Since the programs (attempt to) update the Windows Registry every time you run one of then, this in turn means that as a user you probably dont have sufficient privileges to perform certain tasks, or the PC is configured in such a way as to prevent users from modifying things like the Windows registry.
If the problems persist, try logging in as Administrator, you may need to re-install the software if you previously installed "For the current user only", but if you get the PartMaster Desktop icons it should not be necessary.
Start PartMaster CAD, and open a drawing from the Examples folder, is it OK ?
Do the same thing with PartMaster CAM, again is it OK ?
These two actions should have caused the programs to register properly. Try the "simple test" outlined above, can you double click a .dra file or a .cnc file and have it open properly, if so the programs are correctly registered.
Start PartMaster CAM, and select File, Import, and import "Area Clear.dra". Does it load the drawing without complaining ? It should at this stage.
Assuming that these test worked OK you can now try running the tests using your normal login, everything should be OK. If not try modifying your login status to be a member of the group "Administrators", if the previous tests workd (i.e. when logged in as Administrator) they should continue to do so.
Dolphin CAD/CAM Support