Translation of Surfcam geometry file into Dolphin (IGES) when Surfcam isnt available

Thread: Translation of Surfcam geometry file into Dolphin (IGES) when Surfcam isnt available

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Translation of Surfcam geometry file into Dolphin (IGES) when Surfcam isnt available

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Translation of Surfcam geometry file into Dolphin (IGES) when Surfcam isnt availa

Hello,

Is Surfcam able to export the geometry as IGES or STEP files ?

If so, we can import it.

ATB
    Andre

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Translation of Surfcam geometry file into Dolphin (IGES) when Surfcam isnt availa

Thanks Andre, on a couple of levels...

Id like to be able to translate it without my customer having to do it, as its an extra step for him, and he doesnt want to mess with it, so I though I'd check out if theres another way, on my end only.

Several years ago, I bought my first seat of Dolphin mill for use on a prototrak mill with an odd controller that I couldnt find the right post processor for, and you modified one to work for me. Im not at that company any more, but they still use it every day. Many thanks!

This my 3rd seat of Dolphin and I hope to become proffecient with v14, It has worked well for much of the work I do, and the tech support has been good.
    Regards,
    Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Ken,

Thank you for those kind words, we try to provide the best service we can. It becomes more of a challenge as our customer base grows so quickly.

We encourage our users to contact us if they have any questions or issues.

Have you tried the Surfcam forum ? they may be able to help.

ATB
    Andre

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Andre,
    I'll give it a try.
    regards,
    Ken