Need Help! In Simulate Tool change goes through job (but works on HAAS SL20 machine)

Thread: In Simulate Tool change goes through job (but works on HAAS SL20 machine)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default In Simulate Tool change goes through job (but works on HAAS SL20 machine)

I have a problem using dolphin turning cam in that the when using the graphics to simulate the tool paths the tool change goes through the job.

It works fine on the machine but does not look right when simulating the tool paths i cannot change this it seems as it changes the program when i post it.

Any Ideas.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In Simulate Tool change goes through job (but works on HAAS SL20 machine)-tool-change-simulate-problems-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: In Simulate Tool change goes through job (but works on HAAS SL20 machine)

Hello,

This is down to the toolchange position which is set using the Setup dialogue when you run PartMaster CAM.

ATB
    Andre

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: In Simulate Tool change goes through job (but works on HAAS SL20 machine)

Hi Andre,
    Thanks for the reply i have set the tool change position in the setup which on our machine is Z -250 X 0.0 this works fine when i post the program.

If i change the tool change position to the right direction in Dolphin which is Z +250 this looks right in the program but in not right when i post the program.

The machine is a HAAS SL 20 lathe

Kind Regards Mark.

Kind Regards Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mark,

I'll take a look at it.

It looks like there is a miss match between the toolchange positions in CAM and the machine tool. If the machine Z datum is at the far right then this would account for the toolchange position being a negative number.

Where are you setting the Z zero position on the machine ? at the right hand end of the material ?

ATB
    Andre

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Andre,
    Our zero position for the part is the right hand end of the material but the tool change position is Z-250 i will attach the CNC file for you.

There is a miss match between the cam and the CNC machine should the part zero be on the left hand side of the part instead of the right.

Kind Regards Mark.

Attached Files Attached Files