Need Help! V12 'Use Simple Fonts' checkbox missing from precision text dialog

Thread: V12 'Use Simple Fonts' checkbox missing from precision text dialog

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default V12 'Use Simple Fonts' checkbox missing from precision text dialog

Hi All, I hope you can help.

Yesterday I was able to add text for both true type fonts and simple fonts. Today the "Use Simple Font" check box which was above the font selection drop down in the precision text dialog box is missing... or at least I think it is. Maybe I am in the wrong dialog box, but I think I am in the right place.

Coincident with this, I get a path error for many of the fonts when I try to select them.

As a posible additional symptom, the title of my precision text dialog is reading "Precision Text (Unicode)." I do not recall the unicode part being there before.

I stated with the classic trouble shooting steps of: reload application, log off and on, reboot computer, and repair the application from the MSI installer. None of these helped. The repair changed some of the menu units to mm. I will have to look in to that too.

Any thoughts or advice?
    Thanks for the help.

Greg