DolphinCAM post processor for ajax/Centroid mill contoller?

Thread: DolphinCAM post processor for ajax/Centroid mill contoller?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DolphinCAM post processor for ajax/Centroid mill contoller?

OK, So I am pretty certain I'll need to dump the Allen Bradley Bandit III controller from the early 80's. (prior post). I will upgrade to a newer style motion control and servo driver set. I like this kit from Ajax but again, need to select something that will play nice w/ the CAM Post processor. Do you know if one of the 'current V12 CAM posts will work for Centroid? They also offer Mach3 so that can be a backup plan. I just wanted to get away from Mach3 on the larger supermax mill.

Ajax CNC CENTROID Software | CNC Retrofit Control Systems for Milling machines, Routers and Lathes. Runs Mach3 or CENTROID Software
    Ajax CNC Centroid Mill Kits | CNC Retrofit Control Systems for Milling machines, Routers and Lathes. Runs Mach3 or CENTROID Software

Thanks everyone. It will cost me about $400 for a set of allen bradley 80's bandit III manuals, a 232 comms cable setup. I may as well upgrade now and save a lot of time.. . .

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DolphinCAM post processor for ajax/Centroid mill contoller?

still digging but I did find this bit of info. Still reading and diggin' in.

Centroid M-Series Post Processor Information

General

Centroid controls use Fanuc-style G codes. They are quite permissive regarding formatting details. In general, a Fanuc 0M post processor with basic functions will work fine.

There is no difference among the different model numbers of the Centroid M-Series controls. The same post processor will work for an M10, M15, M39, M40, M50, M400, or any other control in the series.

There have been minor differences with increasing software versions over the years. In general these changes have been to make the G code interpreter more permissive.

In the information which follows, "optional" means just that: permitted, but not required. Therefore if you are modifying an existing post processor, don't waste time and effort adding or removing such features.