Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings - Page 8

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings

Bl@ckrat

Good to hear from you, how do you have your power supplies wired, into your system, some photos would be good

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was running my mill this weekend for the first time in a few months and seem to be loosing EEPROM settings too.
    It has happened a few times in the past too. Can Mactec or someone explain the way I should be grounding my servos?
    Not sure if it is the problem or not but I have all grounds going to a common earth (the enclosure). The servos all had 4 wires, 3 for the phases and 1 for earth?
    Here is some images:

Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings-1-jpg
    Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings-2-jpg
    Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings-3-jpg

Sorry for the dodgy drawing,
    Does this look ok, any suggestions?

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

_Phil

Your wiring looks ok, you should contact Dmm and see if they have an answer to this problem, I have tried everything to try and make this happen, I even created a short circuit directly to the drives and EEPROMS still stayed the same, where your grounds terminate, is it unpainted in this mounting area, so the Ground wires get a good metal to metal contact

where are you from I see you are using 240v

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok thanks for the reply, ill send an Email tomorrow, cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by _Phil View Post
    Ok thanks for the reply, ill send an Email tomorrow, cheers.
    Which country are you from I see you are using 240v

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in Australia.
    Its strange, the system will work flawlessly for a month sometimes and then some days like today reset random a few times in a couple of hours....

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in Australia.
    Its strange, the system will work flawlessly for a month sometimes and then some days like today reset random a few times in a couple of hours....
    Are you just having to just reset, by power off, or do you have to reset the Parameters to the EEPROM

If it's just a Reset, then you may just have the acceleration or velocity set just a little to high, your settings may be right at the max for the power supplies/motors your are using

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is usually the Gear_num that changes. I have it set to 1000, I noticed in one of your post you said 500 is the best setting.
    Could that cause the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

It is usually the Gear_num that changes. I have it set to 1000, I noticed in one of your post you said 500 is the best setting.
    Could that cause the problem?
    No but it should be set at 500 for step/dir use, with setting it at 500 you will have to reset your steps/per, when using a 500 Gear number, this gives you 2000 Steps Per Rev

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, when i get time I might re-calibrate at 500 just to see

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, when i get time I might re-calibrate at 500 just to see
    It's not going to solve the problem, your motors will run smoother though, it seem that the users that have had this problem most are using 220/240v power supply

I can't see how you have your power supplies connected, did you balance each power supply to have the same output voltage ?? before connecting them together

Your Grounds on the power supplies are fine,if there is no paint under the terminal mounts

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm no I didnt balance, how do i do this? Multi-meter on the output + - and make sure both are 48v? I thought it would be set from DMM.
    Here is a couple of pics up close, not sure if you can see.

I have 240v come in the side of the enclosure, it runs through a breaker, then up to the 2 power supplies, the two + wires from the power supply's join then go to the BOB then distribute to the 3 drives. the two - wires from the power supply do the same.
    Thanks for the help.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings-1-jpg   Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings-2-jpg   Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings-3-jpg  
    Last edited by _Phil; 02-08-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm no I didnt balance, how do i do this? Multi-meter on the output + - and make sure both are 48v? I thought it would be set from DMM.
    Here is a couple of pics up close, not sure if you can see.
    Yes you should disconnect the +/- and adjust the trimpot, next the the Green Led, you can run them up to 50v ,have both at the same setting, I also don't know what motors your are running as there system can draw up to 20Amps, so you don't have enough output from the 2 power supplies, they normally have 3, for most systems like this

You should always twist your wire pairs where ever you can, this will help with any noise, which you will have, all systems like this do, when you can't twist wires then you should use shielded cable

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok ill try that thanks. yeah i did ask about the power because on the documentation it says "48Vdc, 21amp" but my 2 power supplies together only 14 amp.
    I was told this was enough, I bought this as a kit BOB, power supplies, drivers, motors and cables.
    I am running 3 92GM-DHT-72 7.2nm high torque motors. Do you think 14amp is sufficient? when its running it runs well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok ill try that thanks. yeah i did ask about the power because on the documentation it says "48Vdc, 21amp" but my 2 power supplies together only 14 amp.
    I was told this was enough, I bought this as a kit BOB, power supplies, drivers, motors and cables.
    I am running 3 92GM-DHT-72 7.2nm high torque motors. Do you think 14amp is sufficient? when its running it runs well.
    If your motors are 750w then you should have 3 power supplies, they would be border line with the 2 power supplies, which may be why you can get a Reset Fault, if you don't use a lot of rapid moves you may be good with just the 2 power supplies, if you decide to use 3 then you can mount them on their side, so you would still have enough room in your cabinet

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I might get a 3rd then just for peace of mind, i have had resets in the past.
    Im waiting to hear from DMM about the Gear_num changing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Mactec, I got my 3rd power supply today. It is the same as the other two 48v 7.1a.
    I's it definitely ok to parallel 3 power supply's? Came across a few articles online saying that it shouldn't be done?
    Thought I should check here first.

Thanks for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Mactec, I got my 3rd power supply today. It is the same as the other two 48v 7.1a.
    I's it definitely ok to parallel 3 power supply's? Came across a few articles online saying that it shouldn't be done?
    Thought I should check here first.
    As long as you balance them to have the same output, there is no problem, it's amazing how much confusing information there is out there, of cause ( 1 ) Big power supply is the best, the cost is a lot more as well as the shipping, that is why most use 2 or 3 this way, for ease of wiring I made these 8 into 2 power terminal blocks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings-hpim3069-jpg  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

Downloads
    Uploads

You get what you pay for ,there JUNK!!!!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast