Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dyn2 losing EEPROM settings

I have the same issue with the drives losing settings.
    Does anyone know if the new 16 bit ones have the same problem ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roboticscnc View Post
    I have the same issue with the drives losing settings.
    Does anyone know if the new 16 bit ones have the same problem ?
    Have never had that happen with 14 Bit or the 16 Bit have you talked to Dmm

Have you saved the settings after you have changed them ??

Is this happening on all your drives ?? if so there is something else that is causing the problem, could be EMI interference with the drives

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Turns out there is something wrong with the servo or encoder. The drives that weren't locking the servo work with another servo.
    The settings are a different problem. It seems like the settings are still in there but can't be viewed properly or changed, otherwise I wouldn't be able to drive a servo with a Main Gain setting of 1.
    I've had no trouble changing settings in the past so don't know what's changed.
    I've contacted DMM and they offered to check my drives but realistically I'm better off just getting new 16 bit drives and servos as I can't get the 14 bit servos for all the drives I was keeping for spares.
    I only asked on this site if the newer drives had the same communication problems as the older ones before buying a whole lot of new ones.
    Still don't know but unless anyone else chimes in with problems I'll probably go back to using DMM gear.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roboticscnc View Post
    Turns out there is something wrong with the servo or encoder. The drives that weren't locking the servo work with another servo.
    The settings are a different problem. It seems like the settings are still in there but can't be viewed properly or changed, otherwise I wouldn't be able to drive a servo with a Main Gain setting of 1.
    I've had no trouble changing settings in the past so don't know what's changed.
    I've contacted DMM and they offered to check my drives but realistically I'm better off just getting new 16 bit drives and servos as I can't get the 14 bit servos for all the drives I was keeping for spares.
    I only asked on this site if the newer drives had the same communication problems as the older ones before buying a whole lot of new ones.
    Still don't know but unless anyone else chimes in with problems I'll probably go back to using DMM gear.
    The 16Bit are a big improvement over the older, better wiring, only 4 wires for the Encoder as well so you will like them better if you go with them the DYN2 drives can run higher voltage also

You will find if you get creative with the old Encoder wiring you will do away with the 9 pin plugs near the drives these plugs can cause some problems, I have connected direct to the little signal board taped and Heat shrink after testing and you will be good to go, this may be where your problem is just undo the screws that hold the plugs together and just plug them in lightly and see if it will change how it is running if it does get creative and direct connect

So what you do is you will have to unsolder the plug from the board before you do this, map and do a diagram of the plug pins and what color wire is connected to which pin and how that relates to the circuit board the Board is marked Dout +/- 1-2 on one side and Din +/- 1-2 on the other side you can do this with your meter

So if you cut the cable behind the female plug with 25mm or more cable then leave it connected and can then check each wire color to which Dout or Din connection they are soldered to, there is a 5v normally Red and a Ground normally Black the rest will connect to the Dout and Din connections if you do this you will have to check each cable connection as some of the wires may be a different color

This is worth a try I did this some years ago and are still running fine, you may have some other problem though not related to these plugs

Mactec54

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789