Hi all. I'm building 800x800x200mm cnc table. After readin this forum I have all electronic stuff on table and i need to get it work. Electronis=cs is not my strongest point, so i need dumb proof manuals for that job. i USE G540 GECKO, NEMA 23 8cord and mach3.
1. Can i find step by step nema 23 manual to connect it to g540\? Like yellow pin1, red pin2 etc. One drawing with resistor in it confusing me.
2. What 8 cord wires are better to use to extend way from stepper to board? Can I use PC com cables (cords looks very tiny to me)
3. I use 2 steppers to move X axis. What is the best solution to pair two steppers with my stuff? Pair in mach3? Modify serial cable? any other?
2. You should only need four leads in the motor cable. Pairs of the 8 leads from the motor are tied together to give 4 leads to the drive. Phone wire should work.
3. Slave the motors together in Mach3.