After 2hrs of a relief carve. the Z dicided not to raise, so the next cut was about .01" deeper and ruined the work.
My Z motor is getting really hot. if I wet my finger and touch it, it boils !
I'll look at wiring it in parallel tomorrow.
Also, I have marked the coupler and the shaft. They are out of alignment slightly, so at 1st I didn't worry. But thinking about it, it could haver spun and landed where it is now. I'll tighten it and try again tomorrow.
It seems to be the heavier cuts where the Z misses steps...
I'm running allthread and a couple of plain old nuts on my Z, as I made it to test it. I've since got me some 2 start acme rod and some delrin, so I'll start on that upgrade too.
Any other suggestions welcome