New Machine Build CNC milling machine - 2nd attempt - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CNC milling machine - 2nd attempt

Downloads
    Uploads

No photo updates, but I have decided to go with a water cooled spindle.
    My local Omron dealer has amazing prices on the vsd's. $200 for a 1.5kw unit. Any omron dealers in Australia should be able to get them at that price if anyone is interested.
    Now I need to work out which spindle to buy. I spent hours reading through various threads and all that did was left me more confused than ever!
    Anyone care to share which sellers they used? I have found one 1.5kw unit version for 130 shipped to Australia. Others range up to 200.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bob^ View Post
    No photo updates, but I have decided to go with a water cooled spindle.
    My local Omron dealer has amazing prices on the vsd's. $200 for a 1.5kw unit. Any omron dealers in Australia should be able to get them at that price if anyone is interested.
    Now I need to work out which spindle to buy. I spent hours reading through various threads and all that did was left me more confused than ever!
    Anyone care to share which sellers they used? I have found one 1.5kw unit version for 130 shipped to Australia. Others range up to 200.
    Im very happy with the 2.2 kw unit I bought from solar.Jean on Ebay. Good bearings, close tolerances, zero runout, no vibration. I pulled it apart and inspected/cleaned it and oiled/loctited what needed it and installed a better plug, but it would have been fine out of the box.

Sent from tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I decided on a 4 bearing water cooled spindle from solar.Jean, thanks Dylwad. Although I ended up buying the 1.5kw as well as a spindle mount from him.
    I have also bought some marine ply to make my temporary z axis mount to get the machine up and running so should have it complete by the weekend bar the spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

A small update. The omron vsd and my new spindle and mount from solar jean.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC milling machine - 2nd attempt-uploadfromtaptalk1373275655547-jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123