Lets build a cnc robotic arm!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets build a cnc robotic arm!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Post What kind of an arm?

Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
    Anyone working on a diy robtic arm? Or have links for a design.
    I have a few questions on what cam programs are avail ... that support the cordinates required to drive a arm? I dont think mach 3 supoorts them.
    ie kinematics module ie translate cartesian coordinates/paths into
    rotational joint position
    http://www.pathfindersdesignandtechn...obotic_arm.pdf
    has a simple 3DOF pneumatic arm.

I remember seeing plans a couple of places some time ago. One was basically a duplication of an old arm, using tapered sheet metal boxes for the portions of the arm, plus the end effector (hand). Reach was pretty minimal (12" on direction or so if I remember right).

Another used steel rods for the structure. With geared bolts with analog motors for actuators.

There was a third that was an 3 legged gimble system. like "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJYhz5aTMnA"]this HexaPod on YouTube.

This web site has several different types of EMC2 controlled robot arms: HERE

Last edited by jcoats; 12-28-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Add another link.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jcoats View Post
    http://www.pathfindersdesignandtechn...obotic_arm.pdf
    has a simple 3DOF pneumatic arm.

I remember seeing plans a couple of places some time ago. One was basically a duplication of an old arm, using tapered sheet metal boxes for the portions of the arm, plus the end effector (hand). Reach was pretty minimal (12" on direction or so if I remember right).

Another used steel rods for the structure. With geared bolts with analog motors for actuators.

There was a third that was an 3 legged gimble system. like HexaPod on YouTube.

This web site has several different types of EMC2 controlled robot arms: HERE
    no im looking for plans for a Articulated arm 5 axis, that has 4x4 reach

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Articulated arm

the more I look at 5 axis gantry with c b axis cncs the more beleive
    fabricting a Articulated arm would less work. To bad mach does support
    kinematics like emc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Fns7B2SII&feature=player_embedded]EMC2 ROBOT ANTROPOMORFO 6 ASSI------ - YouTube

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smitjs View Post
    Hi Adam,
    it is how to turn the tractor power, 12v, hydraulic, or pneumatic pressure into controlled arm movement.
    smitjs
    Add a bigger alternator to the tractor and use a good quality inverter to turn it in to 230V (or 110 if applicable) or even use a generator. Both seem so much easier and cheaper than finding stuff to make everything work on 12V

Sven http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/320812-aluminium-1250x1250x250-router.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Starship groove robots

Check out this video STARSHIP GROOVE on my website lets build one of theseBuild Your Homemade CNCGo to the starship groove link there and watch the video and tell me is it possible to build this one Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Im in.... i would like to build a arm also please keep this thread going

Downloads
    Uploads

Default arm

To keep this thread going, we need determine where to source parts or fabricate them post drawings share ideas, post photos of commerial arm... and determin what arm are most practical to build and costs and material to be used. Check my thread on 5 axis schematic, and videos on other arms.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...schematic.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 6 axis mach3 CRAZY

I like the 6 axis mach3 setup if your thinking of building the arm in the Starship Groove posted above you willneed at least 6 axis to do this I think we should use 6 nema 17s w/chains and sprockets for reduction lets build this one I have never seen one like this the starship groove is all just 3ds max kinetics cyber robots all artificial.
    Thanks Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Default robotic arm

Quote Originally Posted by gualalasmooth View Post
    I like the 6 axis mach3 setup if your thinking of building the arm in the Starship Groove posted above you willneed at least 6 axis to do this I think we should use 6 nema 17s w/chains and sprockets for reduction lets build this one I have never seen one like this the starship groove is all just 3ds max kinetics cyber robots all artificial.
    Thanks Tom
    hex apod is cool design but for my needs it doesnt have the dual wrist action i require for full 3d designs that have completated undercuts , also ( large working area... foot print 5'x10')

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gualalasmooth View Post
    Check out this video STARSHIP GROOVE on my website lets build one of theseBuild Your Homemade CNCGo to the starship groove link there and watch the video and tell me is it possible to build this one Tom
    post a direct link, for it...

Downloads
    Uploads

If anyone is interested in designing / sharing ideas for a robotic arm check out my thread on 5 axis robotic arms

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...hematic-2.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12