My router project - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My router project

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your on the right track,but since your going whole hog use a finer tpi leadscrew. Your rapids will be up to it,and you have the repeatability with the encoders. You can get 0.5 micron resolution. The only error you will get is if the room temp changes. Just what the doc ordered for those big engraving jobs!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive been looking all this stuff over for several weeks now, searching sites and reading stuff in here. I want to build one of these machines but just did'nt know where to start. I think Ive settled on buying plans for Campbell designes and building a machine 34"x24"x6" just like this one. But as a total newbey, would you guys recomend campbell designes? Will they help me out along the way so I dont go off and buy a bunch of stuff I dont need and not buy the stuff I do. I'm looking for a recomemdation on how to get started. I'm sure I can figure this all out as I go, but dont want to stumble to much along the way?

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob's a good guy with good support, although I haven't built one of his machines. Be aware that a machine built from his plans is going to cost about $2000 or more. Depending on where you get your parts from.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent support!!! Two thumbs up. Premade parts are very reasonable. In fact your better get a really good deal on the raw stock before thinking of making your own. Nicely machined parts. It's not a cheap machine, but it's very rigid and I expect long and trouble free and accurate service.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pre made parts will be very important for me, as I do not have my own shop. I've been milling oiut wood parts with a homeade drill mill and I need far more acuracy for production, so I've decided that this is the way to go. But it will have to be done a piece at a time, paycheck to paycheck and thats probably good. So I can read and understand things before the money goes out. Thanks alot guys I'll be getting my plans within the next two weeks and speaking with Mr Campbell on how to proceed from there. Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is what I have done.

A bit at a time.

I started with the frame and moving table, then the slides, then the screws and z axis carriage, then servos and power supply, finally the massive rolling stand and now I am doing wiring. Been at it for over a year but it is all paid for with no credit card bill and did not dig into savings even once.

I see light at the end of the tunnel and a digitizing probe is the last major item to order.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats the only way to fly! Thanks twombo!

Last edited by Ol'Dusty; 11-05-2004 at 10:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12