Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences? - Page 51

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1342

Thread: Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DonW View Post
    Is there a time frame for when this order is going to happen? Considering getting one, but I'm a couple months away from my performance bonus at work, shich is what I'd use for this.
    Does it come with an ER-20 collet system?

Thanks.
    Read the post, it provides all the details regarding the order.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Add me to the list of people willing to purchase one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question How will warranty shipping charges or exchanges be handled?

Dwalsh62,

Will you be purchasing extra spindles in case there is a warranty issue?
    How will warranty shipping charges or exchanges be handled?
    Are replacement parts readily available?

JoeyBJ

A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey everyone, I'm now here, but have been lurking for quite some time...
    Dwalsh62, I have read this thread front to back, and followed it the whole way.. I'm glad I have not purchased a spindle until now, given the developments etc.
    Can you please put in one post what people will get for what price? Even after trying to sift through all the previous post about this, I cant seem to gather it all in one spot. I think it would be helpful to place it all in one post rather than just telling prospective buyers to read the thread..
    I'm also interested in which VFD you have used with this spindle (hitachi? model # etc.) and all of its settings.
    I'm trying to make an informed decision about buying this spindle, and how to get it operating quickly without hassle, but I'm finding myself spending hours just trying to find out what I'm buying, how to do it, how much it will cost, and what VFD to get, and it's settings.
    Thanks very much, and you can put me down for one of the spindles, with ceramic bearings. (will you be in touch via email, PM or what?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default quick questions?

Ok, I read a couple hundered of the pages, and not quite seeing what I need. I'm not experienced in high speed cutting, and wonder if this will work for me.

Right now I use a 2hp Grizzly G1006 mill at max rpm, and mostly use 1/8" solid carbide cutters, including some milling aluminum at near full cutter depth (.4), fully buried cuts at .25 depths and a little bit of plunge cutting, using helical boring. I've got my mill maxed out, but it basically makes heat and noise and isn't nearly fast enough, resulting in sub 1ipm for the full cutter depths and fully buried cuts. Would this work for that? Obviously the side loads are small with such small cutter. My guess is most folks use these for routing rather than "regular" machining?

Is there a config that just "plugs in", especially a 115v version?

What's a good aluminum cutting rpm with 1/8 cutters?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default anyone tried this one out?

been pouring through the posts in this thread. im after a spindle.. Got a bit lost after reading though 40 odd pages

[url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WATER-COOLED-MOTOR-SPINDLE-1-5KW-MATCHING-INVERTER-c2-/180594841212?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Automation_Contr ol_ET&hash=item2a0c4a967c]WATER-COOLED MOTOR SPINDLE 1.5KW + MATCHING INVERTER c2 on eBay (end time 31-Dec-10 05:35:24 GMT)

is' this one' form 'this supplier' good bad or ugly?

Last edited by neurofen; 12-28-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by neurofen View Post
    been pouring through the posts in this thread. im after a spindle.. so is this a piece of cr@p then ?

WATER-COOLED MOTOR SPINDLE 1.5KW + MATCHING INVERTER c2 on eBay (end time 31-Dec-10 05:35:24 GMT)
    Love happy shopping has the good ones that last, and if not he actually deals with his claims. Also ditch the china VFD and pick up a hitachi X200, or a similar name brand unit. Links below.

2.2KW WATER-COOLED SPINDLE MOTOR ENGRAVING MILL GRIND a on eBay (end time 08-Jan-11 13:11:33 GMT)

http://www.driveswarehouse.com/Drive...0-022NFU1.html

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks , are the ''german'' bearings still, quote

'' Chinese bearings made in a factory in China called Germany''?

is there a cheaper invertor that you could recommend for about half the price of the hitachi x200 to power the 1.5kw 8A spindle,

getting near the end of my budget. ive found a Toshiba VF-nC3 but it only outputs 7.5amps, will this do the job?

Last edited by neurofen; 12-28-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alk-3 View Post
    Dwalsh62, I have read this thread front to back, and followed it the whole way.. I'm glad I have not purchased a spindle until now, given the developments etc.
    Can you please put in one post what people will get for what price? Even after trying to sift through all the previous post about this, I cant seem to gather it all in one spot. I think it would be helpful to place it all in one post rather than just telling prospective buyers to read the thread..
    I'm also interested in which VFD you have used with this spindle (hitachi? model # etc.) and all of its settings.
    I'm trying to make an informed decision about buying this spindle...
    Nicely said...thanks for that. I've been trying to sift through it for all the basic, clear answers, and I can't find them all either.

I know it's a 3KW, air-cooled spindle with ER-20 collet and ceramic bearings. What I can't determine is what the top-end speed is (18K? 24K? 40K would be nice!), and a recommended VFD would be helpful. I'm not savvy enough to buy a bad Chinese VFD and make modifications to make it better like some folks, so I would just want to buy a good one.

I also want to know if dwalsh will be doing another one of these purchases (I know, it's more of a drop-ship thing) at some future date, in case I don't have the cash now to jump on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks , are the ''german'' bearings still, quote

'' Chinese bearings made in a factory in China called Germany''?

is there a cheaper invertor that you could recommend for about half the price of the hitachi x200 to power the 1.5kw 8A spindle,

getting near the end of my budget. ive found a Toshiba VF-nC3 but it only outputs 7.5amps, will this do the job?
    Opps sorry i thought you were looking at 2.2Kw spindles! I would assume all bearings are made in china even if they say germany on them haha. Most people though are getting awesome work out of them and longevity.

As for the inverter i'm sure there are many options for cheaper that can be found on ebay or online. From drive warehouse this is the hitachi that will handle the 1.5KW or 2 HP spindle you were looking @. A bit less at $205 USD. You could probably find a name brand VFD on ebay though if you want to save some money. It seems like you just need to find one that can handle the 7-8 amps that it needs.

http://www.driveswarehouse.com/Drive...0-015NFU1.html

Downloads
    Uploads

hope this isnt to off topic but will the invertor (invertors in general) that powers the spindle interfere with the stepper motor driver signals?

a friend mentioned he had to go for a specific kind when he bought one for his plasma gun to stop this from happeneing,,maybe theyre different kinds of invertors i dunno, was it somehting to do with switching?

thanks for the info on the spindles from happy shopper by the way, looks like just the thing for my rig when its finished.

whats the issue with the invertor thats being bundled with the chinese spindles?

Downloads
    Uploads

hope this isnt to off topic but will the invertor (invertors in general) that powers the spindle interfere with the stepper motor driver signals?

a friend mentioned he had to go for a specific kind when he bought one for his plasma gun to stop this from happeneing,,maybe theyre different kinds of invertors i dunno, was it somehting to do with switching?

thanks for the info on the spindles from happy shopper by the way, looks like just the thing for my rig when its finished.

whats the issue with the invertor thats being bundled with the chinese spindles?
    The high frequency outputs all kinds of noise, which effect electronics. By using the correct shielded cables, keeping the VFD away from electronics, and other shielding techniques the danger can be minimized or eliminated.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well lots of people are contacting me and asking if I will be making another purchase a few months down the road, to answer this question, no, by that time the ATC spindle will be manufactured and it is the only spindle I will be actively promoting at that time.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

A proper 3 phase spindle power line consists of three wires in a copper shielded jacket to minimize nose.

A poor quality power supply will pick up the VFD phase switching noise from the AC mains because it does not have sufficient input line filtering.

A better quality VFD will have better filtering but it is still insufficient to remove all of the phase switching noise since it only has to meet certain electrical requirements.

Keeping the VFD lines as short as possible helps reduce the effects and thwarts unwanted harmonics but is no guarantee that it will prevent the interference so my suggestion is to isolate the lines and sources as much as possible and use good quality shielded cable even for the stepper motors to reduce EMI transmission of the noise.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Purchasing a spindle.

Clearing up the confusion.

SPINDLE OPTION #1
    • air-cooled.
    • square body.
    • 220V 3PH 3KW
    • 100mm x 90mm x 260mm.
    • 10A - 18000 RPM @ 300hz. / 14A - 24000 RPM @ 400hz.
    • steel bearings.
    • two year manufacturers warranty.
    • $435.00 USD plus $5.00 transfer fee (shipping by UPS/DHL included).

SPINDLE OPTION #2
    • air-cooled.
    • square body.
    • 220V 3PH 3KW
    • 100mm x 90mm x 260mm.
    • ceramic bearings.
    • $475.00 USD plus $5.00 transfer fee (shipping by UPS/DHL included).

If submitting funds by paypal you will have to add 4% to cover paypal fees.

If submitting funds by Western Union you are responsible for transfer fees.

Provided that there is at least 10 people wishing to purchase a spindle, you will be contacted on Jan 2nd, 2011 for payment, do not submit funds until contacted to prevent refund fees charged by paypal.

If submitting payment by paypal you will have 24 hours to submit the funds so that the funds can be transfered to my bank for submission to the manufacturer.

If you are submitting payment by Western Union you will have until 10:30PM EST Jan 5th, 2011 to submit payment and provide the MTCN and details so that the funds can be collected.

If you have access to a BB&T bank, you can directly deposit the funds without fees at the branch.

The order will be placed on Jan 6th, 2011, if you have not submitted your funds on time then you will not be included in the order.

I am not acting as a supplier or vendor, I am allowing you the opportunity to purchase the spindle at cost through my connection with the manufacturer and the spindle will be dropped shipped directly to you.

If you wish to participate in this order then you must send me a PM because I cannot read the thread to determine who might want one.

If you have already contacted me about a purchase, you do not need to contact me again.

Since there are many brands of VFD's, it is your responsibility to obtain a suitable VFD for use with this spindle, it must be rated at 3KW or higher.

There are many posts providing the programing information for various brands of VFD's and it is your responsibility to search and acquire this information and the manufacturer will supply their recommended settings for the spindle.

At this time I have confirmed four people wishing to purchase a spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Will you guarantee spindle delivery

Dwalsh62,

Are you going to guarantee that the spindle is delivered and if not will you refund our payment?

JoeyBJ

A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    Dwalsh62,

Are you going to guarantee that the spindle is delivered and if not will you refund our payment?

JoeyBJ
    How would you expect me to guarantee that UPS/DHL will deliver your spindle since I am not them???

This is why packages are insured, so if there is an issue you have some protection.

A refund of payment if a spindle is not received is a reasonable inquiry, of course you would be entitled to a refund.

This would be a complicated process and would require an investigation by the manufacturer and shipper to determine why your spindle was not delivered and then when it has been confirmed that you did not receive your spindle you would be offered your spindle or a refund by the manufacturer or shipper depending on the fault.

If you expect me to refund your funds then you would have to contact me and provide me with all the information and I would submit the claim on your behalf to the manufacturer and shipper so that they can perform their investigation and confirm you did not receive one and then the manufacturer or shipper would refund the payment to me and I would send it to you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh62 View Post
    Clearing up the confusion.

SPINDLE OPTION #1
    • air-cooled.
    • square body.
    • 220V 3PH 3KW
    • 100mm x 90mm x 260mm.
    • steel bearings.
    • $435.00 USD plus $5.00 transfer fee (shipping by UPS/DHL included).

SPINDLE OPTION #2
    • air-cooled.
    • square body.
    • 220V 3PH 3KW
    • 100mm x 90mm x 260mm.
    • ceramic bearings.
    • $475.00 USD plus $5.00 transfer fee (shipping by UPS/DHL included).

If submitting funds by paypal you will have to add 4% to cover paypal fees.

If submitting funds by Western Union you are responsible for transfer fees.

Provided that there is at least 10 people wishing to purchase a spindle, you will be contacted on Jan 2nd, 2011 for payment, do not submit funds until contacted to prevent refund fees charged by paypal.

If submitting payment by paypal you will have 24 hours to submit the funds so that the funds can be transfered to my bank for submission to the manufacturer.

If you are submitting payment by Western Union you will have until 10:30PM EST Jan 5th, 2011 to submit payment and provide the MTCN and details so that the funds can be collected.

If you have access to a BB&T bank, you can directly deposit the funds without fees at the branch.

The order will be placed on Jan 6th, 2011, if you have not submitted your funds on time then you will not be included in the order.

I am not acting as a supplier or vendor, I am allowing you the opportunity to purchase the spindle at cost through my connection with the manufacturer and the spindle will be dropped shipped directly to you.

If you wish to participate in this order then you must send me a PM because I cannot read the thread to determine who might want one.

If you have already contacted me about a purchase, you do not need to contact me again.

Since there are many brands of VFD's, it is your responsibility to obtain a suitable VFD for use with this spindle, it must be rated at 3KW or higher.

There are many posts providing the programing information for various brands of VFD's and it is your responsibility to search and acquire this information and the manufacturer will supply their recommended settings for the spindle.

At this time I have confirmed four people wishing to purchase a spindle.
    Thank you for all of this!
    Can you also tell us which specific model of VFD you are personally using, and it's settings?
    I am trying to take the guesswork out of getting this up and running. Knowing that a specific model VFD is in fact known to work, and knowing it's specific settings would be a great help.
    Thanks again!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alk-3 View Post
    Thank you for all of this!
    Can you also tell us which specific model of VFD you are personally using, and it's settings?
    I am trying to take the guesswork out of getting this up and running. Knowing that a specific model VFD is in fact known to work, and knowing it's specific settings would be a great help.
    Thanks again!
    Good question. I read the description as 3hp 3kw motor. But in searching for a VFD, I read the description again....it's not 3hp, it's 3ph (3 phase?) and 3 kw which is 4hp.

I'm thinking about adding a 220v outlet to my garage to run this, does anyone know if the typical 220 residential power is 1 or 3 phase? It seems that to get 3kw, you'd need a 220v 3 phase power coming in. I'm not sure how feasible this is for residential use.

Downloads
    Uploads

Normal household electric is single phase 120volt on two electrical lines. Your normal electrical outlets are 120 volt off of one of the lines. An electric drier takes a 120volt wire from each line and is called 220v. The spindle drive requires the invertor to change the two lines of 120 volt single phase into 3 phase power.

http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast