Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences? - Page 2

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?

Downloads
    Uploads

This one is 1.5kw (2hp) water cooled, ER16 nose, 24000rpm, 400hz.

I use a Hitachi SJ200 VFD. It was only a little more money than a Chinese one and I decided to go this way.

I use a Homman Designs DigiSpeed to interface the control to Mach3. Works a treat.

It leaked a little water when I got it. Easily fixed. But the water leaked in a way that it went past the bearings. Will it reduce the life of the bearings? I don't know.

Another user here in Aus. got one with one winding shorted to the case. Again easily fixed but that is sometimes what you get from China.

Overall I am very happy with it. I would definitely buy one again.

Greg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?-spindle-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by contactirfu View Post
    Well the cost is all in the bearings - if you put in ceramic P4 bearings then the cost of the bearings is as much as the spindle!

its all a bit of compromise I think.

I just ordered a 2.2KW 8 AMPs from HK - China - cost me around 300USD, I am assuming it has steel ball bearing - ones those give up I need to move em upto something better P4 graded.

after all routers screaming at 24K rpm dont have ceramic ball bearing.

so I am assuming its worth a try.

I have ordered a Delta VFD to run the spindle.

RGD
    Irfan
    Hmm so can someone breakout the benefits of ceramic vs. steel bearings in this case (ebay chinees vs. homeshopcnc / others). I would imagine it would have to do mostly with efficiency(heat), duty cycle, and lifetime. Because i am simply building a hobby machine that wont be running 24x7. Is it worth twice the price?

I am assuming there is no difference in noise level, most router noise comes from the brushes and commutator.

I am looking forward to seeing some comparisons between the spindles from different sources once these are all up and running. Can anyone that has one running already compare to say a porter-cable or other routers when cutting?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The actual makita router I am presetnly running on my CNC cost me around INR 16000.00,

thats like 16000/48 = 333.33 USD, thats more expensive than a cheaply available chinese spindle without a vfd.

the difference in using steel ball bearing and ceramic is life of the bearings. If you dont mind replacing the steel ball bearings say every 4 months in a heavy duty work environment then I feel its more worth than the ceramic bearings which sometimes cost as much as the whole spindle itself.

In a home environment you probably may use a 1.5KW spindle - is usually worth the minimal noise it produces.

I am no expert here - so dont go here by my word.

RGDS
    Irfan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish it used ER20 collets instead of ER11. I want to use up to 12 mm and 1/2" shank end mills and don't want a watercooled machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try this website

http://www.protec.com.cn/Product.asp...ctro%20Spindle

bit expensive - but very good quality I feel.

RGDS
    Irfan

Downloads
    Uploads

thats like 16000/48 = 333.33 USD, thats more expensive than a cheaply available chinese spindle without a vfd.

In a home environment you probably may use a 1.5KW spindle - is usually worth the minimal noise it produces.

RGDS
    Irfan
    Irfan.. u have 1 US$ =48 Indian Rupees...look at us we have 1US$= 78 Pakistani Rupees..bad economy here...
    U are using Makita router that cost u 16000Indian rupees and I am using cheap chinese router without any trouble with cost 2600pakistani rupees... so in this way atleast i am cost effective

Now if u buy Chinese Spindle then please share the experience with it...if it is air cooled u have to get some cool air small plant, and if it is water cooled again some sort of arrangment... u have shop of Isaac Winfred near u, can u tell us what is the noise their, i think he is using same type of chinese spindle...

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the difference in using steel ball bearing and ceramic is life of the bearings. If you dont mind replacing the steel ball bearings say every 4 months in a heavy duty work environment then I feel its more worth than the ceramic bearings which sometimes cost as much as the whole spindle itself.

Ok so in a light duty environment with just weekend use its probably more like 4 years i assume, and that's fine with me.

I am still up in the air of buying a 1.5Kw or the 2.2Kw spindle, I will be cutting a lot of aluminum and other light metals. Where can i find some good info on choosing the right spindle size for cutting depth, ipm, tooling size etc. I am considering the 3Kw just for the colet size right now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Issac is using 1.5KW air cooled spindle. It not only being cost effective- to some extent it is also the quality -

I just dont want to start a debate on the routers here - it s topic on Chinese spindles

RGDS
    IRfan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tgrandahl View Post
    I am considering the 3Kw just for the colet size right now.
    The 2.2 I ordered has a ER20 collet.

RGDS
    IRfan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so i just bought a 2.2Kw spindle from "linearmotionbearings2008", i dont see how it could not be worth it, he guaranteed me the er20 colet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tgrandahl View Post
    Ok so i just bought a 2.2Kw spindle from "linearmotionbearings2008", i dont see how it could not be worth it, he guaranteed me the er20 colet.
    Let us know how it works for you. I'm thinking of getting two of those for the router I'll be building next year.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will get some pictures and info up as soon as it gets here. I am finally going to start building my machine this Saturday! So i may not get down to playing with the spindle for a few weeks but i will update as much as i can. I am really excited about these cheep spindles for hobby machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys
    I checked out 'linearmotionbearings2008' 2.2kW spindle and VFD and it looks OK but I'm tipping the duty cycle and the warranty are not what you would expect when paying $570 USD. The way I see it when you are willing to invest big 'hobby cnc' bucks you would expect mid range performance and hope it would last 12 months at least with a few hours of continual use day in day out. I'll email 'linearmotionbearings2008' and see what he has to say.
    Cheers
    Derek

<insert witty comment here>
    derekj308

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I really dont know about how good they are - but my friend runs a cnc router shop with 2 1.5kw aircooled spindles which were active for 2 years before bearing change was required.

He uses them atleast 8 hrs daily - with one weekly off on Sunday.

RGDS
    IRfan

Downloads
    Uploads

Issac is using 1.5KW air cooled spindle. It not only being cost effective- to some extent it is also the quality -

I just dont want to start a debate on the routers here - it s topic on Chinese spindles

RGDS
    IRfan
    Okay.. What is the model no. u ordered???how much that cost u!!!... what accessories along with it!!! and offcourse do they give any warranty period?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys

He did respond and stated 12 month warranty with free repair.

Cheers

Derek

derekj308

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by derekj308 View Post
    Hi Guys

He did respond and stated 12 month warranty with free repair.

Cheers

Derek
    Interesting, did he give you any other details on the warranty?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi tgrandahl

He also stated (in not so many words) that postage is at the buyers cost for repairs. This is typical with most manufacturers. The closer you live the lower the postage cost.

I also checked out his feedback and it is high. One guy complained about a run out of 0.2mm and the seller said he would replace (not repair) at no cost.

Cheers

derekj308

Downloads
    Uploads

I have just received a 2,2KW version . I bought the one without drive, since I allready have a GE Fuji 300E$. It seems that I have run into a problem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250339537581

My drive works great on a 1KW 3-phase motor. This is a large diameter motor with low RPM.

When I connect the spindle I get it to spin up to around 30HZ, but then the Amps rises high 20A, and the drive will not take the frequency higher. It's difficult to describe, but it makes an uneven high pitched "stalling" sound. I have heard the same from brushless motors for model airplanes, when the ESC can't get the motor to start properly.

Is it possible that my drive is unable to start the spindle? I have tried different settings, but can't find the right one. I hope you got some insight.

Things I have checked:
    - Reset the drive to factory default, and run auto tuning
    - There is no short circuit to the motor case.
    - I have tried different accelleration times on the drive.
    - I have measured the resistance between each phase to around 1,3 ohms.

PDF document for Fuji drive: http://www.geindustrial.com/publibra...211G%7Cgeneric

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Jan,

Have you setup the VFD for auto tuning?

What size wire is connected to the spindle and how long is it?

Jeff...

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast