closed loop

Thread: closed loop

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default closed loop

I am trying to put together a "closed loop" cnc system. I already have motors, encoders, gecko drivers, and power supply. Can anyone advise me how to use my existing hardware to put together a closed-loop cnc system? I have looked the FlashcutCNC. Can the flashcutCNC software and signal generator interface with all my hardware? Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I am pretty sure any software can be used with that hardware and it will be closed loop, providng those are the servo drives and servo (dc brushed) motors. Someone will correct me if I am wrong I am sure.

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which gecko drivers do you have?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the Gecko G201 drives. How can I make it into a closed loop? MiniTechs web site at www.minitech.com is selling the flashcut cnc software and signal generator on sale for $800 which is regularly at $1100. I am highly considering getting it at $800 before the sale ends.

Downloads
    Uploads

Please let me clear the water about the Gecko servo closed loop function. This servo system IS closed loop but only back to the Gecko drive not back to the PC and software. The Gecko stepper driver has no closed loop function to the driver like the G320/340 does.

If you want true closed loop function back to the PC and software you must find the software first that will handle the input information from the encoders. I believe that 'DeskNCRT' will handle the closed loop function back to the PC. You will need to do some research on that software.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I can do close loop better. Jon Elson sells a universal controller which take step and direction and does an on-board count down for closed loop control with any standard driver. $200

Downloads
    Uploads

You still need the software to handle this closed loop data.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is correct.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the information. I decided to go with Jon Elsons Universal Stepper Controller. It only cost $200 complete. It can handle upto 4 axis. You can buy a second USC and connect both to the same parallel port for upto 8 axis. It handles all of the switches and relays. It only runs under EMC but he promises to make it work for Mach2. This flashcutcnc for $800 on sale only handles 4 axis and not any more.

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

What are the advantages of having closed loop back to the software vs closed loop back to the gecko?

Bill