Need Help! Experience with eBay dust shoe

Thread: Experience with eBay dust shoe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Experience with eBay dust shoe

I purchased a Chinese 2.2kw square air cooled spindle an HY VFD but i havent gotten it installed yet (waiting on a 0-10 card from IM Service).

Now I'm looking to either build a dust shoe or purchase a pre-made one. I'm still new to CNC so I'm leaning towards buying one of these from eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F14 2678880677

The bottom of the spindle measures 60mm / 2 3/8" I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these and will the 65mm collar tighten onto my 60mm spindle?

Thanks for the help
    Gary

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Experience with eBay dust shoe

Anyone at all that has used these dust shoes?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have one, though it arrived after I took my machine apart. It seems well built, and easy to install and remove for tool changes. All measurements are accurate for my model. Its a cheap solution, and that should be taken into consideration in case it breaks. the brushes in mine are pretty bad quality and I expect them to mostly fall out soonish, and the welds are literally just tack welds.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, yes I understand they are cheap & may not last but I figure it will work until I gain CNC experience & can design & make a higher quality diy version. Anyone else have any insight?

Downloads
    Uploads

Cut a practice one out using MDF... then order some 1/2" acrylic from ebay (about 12x12") and a 36" length of flexible brush from Mcmaster Car, get some round neo magnets and cut one out yourself. Spend about the same or less than the metal one from ebay and you'll have a much nicer dust shoe in the end. No reason you can't build it in a day or weekend and you'll have a great project to learn with.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks