DIY Pen Plotter Project

Thread: DIY Pen Plotter Project

Default DIY Pen Plotter Project

I just started a new series on adding a pen plotter to your CNC.

Its my hope to add several pen types and eventually even an fully automated plotter.
    see the series here:
    Introduction — Kronos Robotics

Similar Threads:
    Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DIY Pen Plotter Project

Will my printer do that?

Don

Yes any printer can print an image, but with a CNC we can draw on all kinds of shapes and materials.

For instance printing on tiles, steel, canvas, or word. I have used my CNC markup various panels I use to hold electronics.

They can also be used to make some very large templates or blueprints.

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Here's mine. I reversed the location of the spring in the pen so that I wouldn't have to worry about any pressure destroying the pen tip, and it maintains constant pressure. It works great.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DIY Pen Plotter Project-holder1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is mine in use.

And here are the instructions on how to make it.

https://adapting-camera.blogspot.se/...or-my-cnc.html

DIY Pen Plotter Project-v1_dsc_6247-jpg

Last edited by A_Camera; 02-14-2018 at 02:12 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Just a few updates to the write-up.

Doing some dry erase testing.

Simple line drawings are ok with dry erase, but long plotting sequences can have issues as the marker goes over parts that are already dry. The marker has a tendency to erase.

KRMx02 and the Bird

KRMx02 and the Skull

Very cool...I hadn't thought about using a dry erase board as a canvas. A cool way to do a temp drawing.

An Expo dry erase system also has another real nice application. Temporary signs and posters.
    If your CNC is large enough you can draw a 4' x 8' sign for a party or other event. If you cut it down to 4, 1' x 8' you can make some very cool banners.