New to me machine

Thread: New to me machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to me machine

I had my eye on the PRO48x96 machine after realizing my 24x48 machine wasn't large enough. I was trolling the CL and I ran across a machine a guy was selling. It was a custom 5x13. The price was right so I jumped on it. My buddy came by and we disassembled it and moved it into my garage. I was hesitant about setting it back up because we are having a house built and will be moving at the end of the summer.

I couldn't resist setting it up and I soon realized that I will never use a machine with a 13 foot cutting area so I reconfigured it to a 5x10. This is still larger than I need but I am happy with it. Once I move, I will probably change over to linear rails and a spindle. I use the machine for wood, acrylic, starboard and am starting to do EVA foam sheets.

When I move, I think I am going to try and find casters and roll the entire thing onto a trailer instead of disassembling it. Any thoughts on this???

Here are photos, the first is the machine before I moved it, to the day I reassembled it in the garage, to reconfiguring it and how it is now.