My personal M3 CNC build

Thread: My personal M3 CNC build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile My personal M3 CNC build

Greetings to all,

let me tell you my story. My first CNC machine was a Chinese 6040. My thoughts when purchasing the machine on eBay ( that can not be so hard to program such machine-like print and go. What a big disappointment
    I was jogging the machine and had no clue what am I doing. When I found a G-code on the internet I uploaded it to the machine and pushed start the machine speeds to the end (no limit switches so you can imagine how that ended).
    Then came the year 2015 and the idea to make a low budget machine, I started to buy really cheap parts and with the time I wanted more and more quality components. But if the base is poor also good quality components will not help.
    The base is on extruded aluminum profiles, I use linear rails on all axis and ball screw. At first, i wanted to control the CNC machine with PLanet CNC motion board, but I had some troubles so I switched to the CS-LAB CSMIO/M controller.
    One of the best decisions in a long time. Anyhow then I bought a Mikron WF3 and changed the motors and controller (also cs lab) that took me about two and a half year and still not the result I wanted.

And now my project the CNC MK3 the specs :

- Construction is a fixed table and moving gantry.
    -Construction is welded profiles 80x80x10mm
    -The construction is baked (i don't know the correct expression)
    -The important surfaces are machined and grinded (for rail, motor mounting)
    - Rails 35 on the x-axis and 25 on y and z-axis.
    -servo motors 750w 3000 rpm
    -automatic tool change
    -magazine for 12 tools
    -the spindle is from Mechatrone
    -coolant and mist system
    -Build in 3d sensor for centering
    -automatic lubrication system
    -working area 400x400x300mm

The machine will be for machining aluminum parts and engraving in metal.

My personal M3 CNC build-mk3-jpg

I have most of the parts at home just waiting for a bearing to continue the build,
    I can upload some pictures if anyone is interested.

Best regards

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My personal M3 CNC build

Okay here is my painted body and if everything goes right I start assembly by the end of this week.
    Also, the table or in other words the body is filled with sand to minimize the vibration.

My personal M3 CNC build-painted-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,

How are you doing? Here is a small update on my machine I mounted the under piece on the base. It looks promising
    Sorry for the bad quality picture

Best regards.My personal M3 CNC build-base-jpg

ericks

Looking great!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Looking great!!
    Tank you here is a small update on the assembly, for now, everything goes according to plan. It goes to well so I am waiting when it's going to bit me me in the a**

Here are some pictures :

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My personal M3 CNC build-d4e4992e-2a73-4da8-ae3c-e62beaedd4c4-jpeg   My personal M3 CNC build-f898f6e7-49aa-42d5-bc57-2be1c7623c27-jpeg   My personal M3 CNC build-9a7e954e-f577-4060-883f-5d2f95dc7fd9-jpeg  

Downloads
    Uploads

NIce...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Today I did a lot of progress. I have mounted the spindle and the motor for the x-axis. There was a small difference in the height of the bearing on the front and the end of the holders. Therefore I assembled and disassembled it a 100 times before I got it right. The alignment of the x-axis to the y-axis went really smooth I hope they are as rectangular as possible. I will upload some pictures tomorrow.

Here is a interesting of my friend making a small hydraulic cylinder with no CNC machine, he is really good with tools