Who is using DMM drives and servos on their router?

Thread: Who is using DMM drives and servos on their router?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Who is using DMM drives and servos on their router?

Anyone on here using DMM dyn4 drives and servos on their router? I am at the point where I need to order either Teknic ClearPath units or DMM dyn4 drives and servos. I am leaning towards the DMM dyn4 drives because I can use 220 AC to power the motors. Eliminating the DC power supply for the motors.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Who is using DMM drives and servos on their router?

I plan on using them, and bought one for testing before buying the 3 I need.
    The drive blew immediately when I fist powered it up. DMM repaired it for free, saying it was due to over voltage. They claim the drive is rated for 240V + 10%, but my voltage is about 245V.
    I plan on using a transformer to lower the voltage down to 220V, and to also use a line reactor as specified in the application note they sent me, attached below.

My opinion is that an AC servo is actually much more powerful than the Clearpaths, as they have more torque at higher rpm.
    And the DMM's are actually cheaper than the Clearpaths, and about 25%-35% cheaper than other AC servos.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who is using DMM drives and servos on their router?-application-note-ap15-48-pdf  
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Gerry for the reply. It seems not many are using them as you are the only respondent. The DMM section on here isn't very active either so either they work great and no one is having any issues or they aren't that popular!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    Thank you Gerry for the reply. It seems not many are using them as you are the only respondent. The DMM section on here isn't very active either so either they work great and no one is having any issues or they aren't that popular!
    Have been using Dmm for many years, there are a lot that are using them on the Zone, you will find a lot of Dmm Servo Drives and Motors being used by OEMs, YouTube has some users also

They now have RS232/Modbus RS485/CAN Communication which puts them ahead of Most Servo Drives

Mactec54