Homemade CNC Router need help!

Thread: Homemade CNC Router need help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homemade CNC Router need help!

I have built a three axis cnc router with 1” lead screws and pillow block bearings . The machine is using nema 23 stepper motors and I purchased a tb6600 4 axis controller . The problem I’m having is I can not get any movement at all . I have tested voltage from the 2 parallel ports I have in pc . I have 3.4 volts onboard and 5.3 volts on pci port . I am using a 36volt switching power supply and mach3 . I have checked voltages on tb6600 board and can’t find the problem . I have attached pictures of my build . Any help would be appreciated!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Homemade CNC Router need help!-86eba121-5fa9-4cc6-9937-13f729f4e0e9-jpg   Homemade CNC Router need help!-29aa1236-be88-45ab-9048-bd2ed7494a16-jpg   Homemade CNC Router need help!-638807f5-a50c-47b4-a043-4eb81e2f9268-jpg   Homemade CNC Router need help!-4dd114d7-fe3e-42c1-92c7-6bdbe44b50b7-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade CNC Router need help!

First, do the motors lock up? If not, your driver board is not working.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    First, do the motors lock up? If not, your driver board is not working.
    No they don’t lock up because I can turn them with board powered up and connected to mach3 .

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there an enable input on the board, and is it configured correctly in Mach3?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    Is there an enable input on the board, and is it configured correctly in Mach3?
    i have configured to mach3 with settings that came with the board . I don’t think there is an enable input on the board .

Downloads
    Uploads

Your motors should be locking up, even with your computer turned off. The issue is with your board, or wiring, not with Mach3.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Your motors should be locking up, even with your computer turned off. The issue is with your board, or wiring, not with Mach3.
    Ok any way to trouble shoot the board I attached a picture .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Homemade CNC Router need help!-08327990-e4b4-4beb-bce9-0b94d0e45980-jpeg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jtucker View Post
    Ok any way to trouble shoot the board I attached a picture .
    I don't have the manual for this board but in most systems the drives must be enabled in some way. Further some boards need to have the computer hooked up with a suitable app running that can electrify a charge pump circuit. In a nut shell you need to review the manual to verify how your board should work. A third possibility is that there is a fuse on board that is blown.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    I don't have the manual for this board but in most systems the drives must be enabled in some way. Further some boards need to have the computer hooked up with a suitable app running that can electrify a charge pump circuit. In a nut shell you need to review the manual to verify how your board should work. A third possibility is that there is a fuse on board that is blown.
    Well I don’t have a manual just some documents that I got with the board . I also found some info on the internet . The files I found online show how to enable motors in mach3 but it still won’t work . I have also checked the 1 fuse on the board and it’s good .http://forum.iiot.co.za/uploads/edit...a9v4pmvvnt.pdf this is this best info I can find on the board .
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

So on the output signals tab you have enable1, enable2 and enable3 with the enable column checked, set to port 0 and pin 14?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    So on the output signals tab you have enable1, enable2 and enable3 with the enable column checked, set to port 0 and pin 14?
    Ok I will give that a try later today and let you know how it goes . Well that didn’t work still no movement thanks for the advise though

Last edited by Jtucker; 11-11-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, check again that you didn't switch the juice and ground on the power input. Also you could easily fry a drive just by having the stepper output disconnect somehow while the drive was on. Lastly make sure you didn't cross up the stepper wires. You can check which two wires are pairs by disconnecting it from the drive (while it's OFF!) short two wires and see if you feel resistance when you turn the shaft. If you do that means those two wires are from the same coil. If not then then you got them mixed - should be one pair to A+ and A- and the other pair to B+ and B-.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    Well, check again that you didn't switch the juice and ground on the power input. Also you could easily fry a drive just by having the stepper output disconnect somehow while the drive was on. Lastly make sure you didn't cross up the stepper wires. You can check which two wires are pairs by disconnecting it from the drive (while it's OFF!) short two wires and see if you feel resistance when you turn the shaft. If you do that means those two wires are from the same coil. If not then then you got them mixed - should be one pair to A+ and A- and the other pair to B+ and B-.
    I have checked all wiring the controller is bad and they are send a new one hopefully it works thanks for your help!