New Machine Build Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)

Thread: Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)

Hi, I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself to you all, so hello and I hope you are all friendly people,,,,

My name is John, and I am from the wonderful land of Australia....

I purchased an incomplete CNC router about a year ago and its been sitting in my shed waiting for me to take a look at it, there is a heap of parts, the table, the gantry and the rest. It is a 1200mm x 1200mm setup,

It appears to be missing a z-axis assembly which I am needing to create. It as I am told has a gecko driver, psu, and steppers. Also no spindle

The bloke I purchased it off had to move it on for space, so now its my problem. Anyway first of all it appears to me to look like a kit of some sorts, the legs are painted and assembled in a way that looks like a kit.. if anyone knows of this being a kit unit i would like to know.

Mainly need to cut ply, and carve soft and hard woods, a little plastic/composite possibly, will need to operate off a single 15amp 240v circuit.

Here are some shots of the table: (they are posting upside down, I cannot solve this, ??? they display alright on pc, and I have tried to rotate them before import and still upside down.. )
    and all of the parts i have laid out,

The table design is bolt together with threaded cross tensioners, ,looks like a foot collapsed one corner so I have a jack under it untill I can repair.

So I guess I am asking a few questions:

Is this a kit or a router that someone is familiar with ? or just a well made back yard job ?
    Any advice on where to start ? (i am guessing getting the table all straight and level)
    Spindle and gantry off the shelf solutions?
    Any areas of improvement whilst I build it up?
    Any other ideas what so ever,,, ?

I would like to document this build as I go through it..... too...

Cheers

John

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-img-1400-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-img-1401-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-img-1402-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-img-1402-jpg  

Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-img-1403-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-img-1404-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-img-1405-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-img-1406-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)

It looks like a kit from CNC Router Parts: PRO Rack and Pinion Parts | CNCRouterParts , including a controller from Geckodrives. That's fortunate, because they both have good reputations for customer support, including from this forum, where there's a section devoted to these machines: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-router-parts/ and controllers: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/gecko-drives/ . Post your questions there, and you should get some expert assistance.

Your pictures are upside-down because you're on the other side of the world...

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again, I am needing a little more assistance with this incomplete CNC machine I purchased almost two years ago...... time to get it going

I am hoping I can get some assistance with this from the forums members as this is my first build of any cnc machine.
    I get a feeling looking at all these part and the poor quality of the frame, that the previous owner brought a cheap frame from ali-express or ebay and the control gear from cncrouterparts ? I can identiffy the stepper code from them....
    He told me the stepper were matched to the controller and gave me the G540 manual, two boxes of parts and said I will need to find some parts.
    I decided to start with the base and stripped the frame, which was so poorly made I decided to TIG it together solid, i then got the rails square and mounted the X axis gantry.

I am missing the frame parts for the Y-axis carriage and the whole z axis assembly up till the spindle holder in the pictures below.
    Can anyone please suggest off the shelf parts for these missing assemblies so I dont have to create them from scratch ?

This is where i am up to in the picture below and pictures of the core frame part I have...

I have three of these mounts for the stepper to rack drives,

and a spindle mount, i think 80mm,

and these are the stepper for the G540

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-one-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-five-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-two-jpg   Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-three-jpg  

Have an incomplete machine and need help with a build :)-four-jpg  
    Last edited by plugski; 02-15-2018 at 05:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

So just quickly glancing at what you have and I'd say your missing another Y Axis carriage and a total Z Axis.

A Z Axis something like this is probably what your looking for but you'll need to size it for your machine.

https://www.ebay.com/i/282054274742?...3D282054274742

I'd also say the rack that is mounted on the Y Axis should probably be mounted on top of the rail and not on the back of the rail.

You can also take a look at my build for some general ideas... (slow loading)

ampapa,

G540, Rack and Pinion Drives-X/Y axis, 1/2-Ball Screw-Z Axis w/THK HSR 25 Linear Slides, Steppers KL23H2100-35-4B, Power Supply-KL-600-48