Need Help! New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS

Thread: New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS

hi all
    im new to the cnc world... something like 6 months till now
    i have build this machine (pic 1) from scrap wood and an old industrial printer parts, orderd some step motors (pic 2) , made the shild for the step motor controllers (pic 3) , made the power sorce for 3 motors and fan from an ATX power box (pic 4)

i made a temporery mount for a pen (pic 5) and attached a pen to the Z axis as a spindel for testing and calibrating steps to the GRBL $100 $101 $102 and since all 3 motors are same and my rods are same i have inputed the same calculation for all 3 of them.

after i have created a G-CODE in form of a CN file on MAKERCAM and i sended to the machine via UGS
    the resolt was ok but the problem is that after it finish the job it stay on the last point it finished and not going back to the 0 , 0 , 0 point

anyone can solve this ishu ? any tips ?
    thank you all in advance.
    V.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS-1-jpg   New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS-2-jpg   New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS-3-jpg   New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS-4-jpg  

New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS-5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New DIY CNC Arduino Nano+GRBL+UGS

Does your G-code contain an instruction to return to 0,0,0? If not, you can't expect it know you want it to do that.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Does your G-code contain an instruction to return to 0,0,0? If not, you can't expect it know you want it to do that.
    well i made the g-code on makercam...
    how can i set it up over there ? it is not suposed to automatcly set to go to start point after job/cut is finished ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not familiar with that program, but if it has an editable post-processor, you can add an instruction like that which will be placed at the end of any G-code it writes. I'd add a retract move to a certain height before that, though, or it will drag the pen or cutter along the surface as it returns to XY zero.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I'm not familiar with that program, but if it has an editable post-processor, you can add an instruction like that which will be placed at the end of any G-code it writes. I'd add a retract move to a certain height before that, though, or it will drag the pen or cutter along the surface as it returns to XY zero.
    i cannot post edit the code...
    can you sujest another way to make the code ? another software ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gerbilovsky View Post
    i cannot post edit the code...
    can you sujest another way to make the code ? another software ?
    Grbl takes standard G-code and it most certainly can be edited. It is just a text file that can be opened with any text editor.

Yes...Makercam gcode will stop at the last point and raise the Z to the safety height you set. You must be careful returning to zero because X, Y and Z will all go to zero together and if there is anything in the way, like a hold down, you could break a bit. Leave the bit at the safety height and go only to X and Y zero. I believe you want to add g0 x0 y0 to the end of your gcode file. Open your gcode file in Wordpad or Notepad and you can edit it. It'll be a good learning experience.

MakerCAM will place the commands M5 and M30 at the end of the GCode file. M5 turns the spindle off and isn't needed if you don't have spindle control. M30 resets the work coordinates and will effectively reset your zero. Remove M30 from the end of your GCode and your zero will remain in memory.

You have a very cool little machine by the way...

Last edited by fretman_2; 10-24-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Open your g-code file and cut and paste the last 10 lines or so into your post, and we should be able to get you going.

It would also be worthwhile to learn some G-code, there are plenty of tutorials online, and it's pretty simple to learn