Needing a coupler

Thread: Needing a coupler

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Needing a coupler

I'm in need of a 6.25 x 10 mm coupler that's at least 40mm long. Was wondering if I could just turn one myself. I know I can get the bores within a thou or so of being concentric with each other. Do any of you know a flex option that I could get in a reasonable amount of time? Need to finish a project soon and don't really want to wait weeks for one from China.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Needing a coupler

You didn't mention what you are trying to couple! Given that there are dozens (probably hundreds) of coupler designs out there.

If you live in or near a reasonably big city, with real industry, you should be able to pick up basic couplers from motion supply houses, bearing supply houses and the like. Kaman is one example of a bearing supply house that has locations spread over the country.

Downloads
    Uploads

Turn your own solid coupler and order one if you think you need it. I agree though, that there are lots of different types of couplers for various jobs. For a simple stepper to ballscrew, a solid coupler will work short term. Long term they can actually stress the motor shaft and it can snap off. DAMHIKT.
    My preffered motion controller coupling are Oldham style couplers.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ahh sorry, yes it is just for a stepper and a ballscrew. I turned one and went ahead and ordered a flex coupler. Should be here in a month. In the mean time I'll just hope my rigid coupler isn't messing things up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk