Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY

Thread: Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY

Hello, i think the mach 3 users can help me here. I was testing for the first time my DIY alum machining center and got this weird G-CODE toolpath at MACH.

As you can see at the right corner, there is a strange loop on the part, but the toolpath was supposed to look like this:

I use the MasterCAM 2017 with a post processor called Boss_Mach3, that is created by the users for the X versions of MCAM.
    To use at MCAM 2017 we need to update for 2017 using the UpdateUtility.dll provided my Mastercam itself. I don't believe this affects anything.

The code is being generated without errors.

The strange loop thing on the part( I hope you guys can see it on the image) happens on this line of code:

It's a G2, when my machine goes into that line, if you take a close look at MACH 3 SCREEN IMAGE, you will be able
    that the line itself happens like 10 or 20 times.
    N5090
    N5090
    N5090... so many times. And my tool keeps spinning.

Does anyone knows what is happening? My coordinates are absolute, my IJ is working on relative coordinates.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY-mach3_screen-jpg   Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY-gcodeline-png   Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY-mcam_toolpath-png   Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY-myconfig-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY

I've seen similar issues when there's an extremely short arc segment in the original geometry. Smoothing arcs prior to post processing usually fixes it

Downloads
    Uploads

In Mach3, go into General Config and change the IJ mode to Incremental, and see if it fixes it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    I've seen similar issues when there's an extremely short arc segment in the original geometry. Smoothing arcs prior to post processing usually fixes it
    This isn't the case, i really believe that my problem is that i am running a demo, it only works until line 500 so when it hits line 500,
    it repeats the 500 line.

I took a look and the G2 problematic line happens on the 500 line.
    So it's probably the cause of it, i ran several other programs today without reaching the 500 line and it wen't fine.

My IJ are already incremental.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird problem at MACH 3 on my DIY-the500problem-png