New Machine Build 5ft x 10ft CNC Router Table Build with ATC spindle

Thread: 5ft x 10ft CNC Router Table Build with ATC spindle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5ft x 10ft CNC Router Table Build with ATC spindle

I've started building and trying to document the best I could my cnc build, I'm no videographer or machine professional as you'll quickly find out but I'm going to try and give everyone a idea of where I got hung up and how I go about doing this process, I've got some videos already and some pictures of the process that I'll gradually post here along with the products I'm using and who I had help me along the way on this forum, good luck to all who is building a machine.
    Ill gradually get the working files and material list and specs uploaded on my website CNC Build - David Johnson , I try to keep things documented here so Ill have a go to point.

Here is the video on the sketchup drawing

Here is the Gantry drawing

Here is the table welding

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5ft x 10ft CNC Router Table Build with ATC spindle

That's quite the build so far. Have you got everything designed already? So this is a 5' x 10' cutting area with larger overall dimensions?

Are you looking for feedback, or is this mostly a space for you to document what you're doing? I was just looking through your other posts. Has this been built already, I noticed a post about wiring electronics, or is this something you just wanted to get ready in advance? What servo motors did you decide on?

Your 2nd video mentioned ballscrews? Rotating nut?

Well, that's enough questions for one post. Good luck to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice ... I also made a similar cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its close to being done now I just haven't had time to upload things quite yet,I didn't end up doing the rotating nut on the ball-screws, the machine will cut a 5x10 sheet so slightly larger, I caught the devil doing the wiring at first so I ended up hiring Gary Campbell off here to come help do the control board and software programming, I went with the dmm servos because the guys were alot more helpful than anyone else I contacted at first Ill also be posting about that as soon as I can put the stuff together, it was a heck of a learning curve for sure and not quite like the online world made it out to be that's why i was trying to post things that were hard to find online or weren't telling everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NIC 77 View Post
    That's quite the build so far. Have you got everything designed already? So this is a 5' x 10' cutting area with larger overall dimensions?

Are you looking for feedback, or is this mostly a space for you to document what you're doing? I was just looking through your other posts. Has this been built already, I noticed a post about wiring electronics, or is this something you just wanted to get ready in advance? What servo motors did you decide on?

Your 2nd video mentioned ballscrews? Rotating nut?

Well, that's enough questions for one post. Good luck to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTeam View Post
    Its close to being done now I just haven't had time to upload things quite yet,I didn't end up doing the rotating nut on the ball-screws, the machine will cut a 5x10 sheet so slightly larger,
    Ouch. Please tell me that you are using a very high lead ballscrew and appropriate gear reduction on the servo motors? What are your goals for speed and acceleration? Is it just a single ballscrew on your long axis?

Interesting project, I'd like to follow what you have done as you document it further, so thanks for sharing.

I'm rooting for you that it works out as per your expectations.

Did the people at DMM help you with choosing your ballscrew lead and servo gear ratio? What size servos are you using?

Pneumatic counterbalance on the Z axis?