Started a new series on DIN Rail

Thread: Started a new series on DIN Rail

Default Started a new series on DIN Rail

I just playing with DIN rail. I dont know why it took me so long, but I just love this stuff.

This is what I call my "DIN Rail Proto Board". I use it when I am experimenting and need to do a lot of changes.
    Started a new series on DIN Rail-_mg_7842-jpg

I started a new DIN Rail Madness series that I will be adding to.
    DIN Rail Introduction — Kronos Robotics

Similar Threads:
    Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Started a new series on DIN Rail

Wanted to learn more about these lately... Quite timely !
    You have one follower

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

I just added a new post on using power supplies and DIN rail.

DIN Rail Power Supplies — Kronos Robotics

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

I just added a new page to the DIN rail series. Its on various brackets that I have designed.

Started a new series on DIN Rail-_mg_7967-jpg

You can find it here:
    DIN Rail Mounting Brackets — Kronos Robotics

I provide STL files so you can print your own brackets.

I just did a couple sections on :
    KRMx02 DIN Rail Experiments

SuperPID DIN Rail Hookup

Here is my DIN Rail Proto Board:

Downloads
    Uploads

Din rails really help makes clean and organised control box!

I like how you put the SuperPID on DIN rails. I wish I had enough place in my box to do that instead of having an external box.

Thanks for sharing.

Im working on a build that includes the following:
    MASSO Controller
    VFD
    G540 Driver
    48V power supply
    4 relays
    12V 48v-12v converter
    Several Terminal blocks

It all wont fit on my 24x15 proto board. So I am going to have to get a little creative. I designed the DIN Rail proto board so it can be stacked with sides, but I dont want to do that with this build. So I think Im going to mount a DIN Rail on top of the power supply. The down side is if I have to replace the power supply it can get a little tricky. But this build is for a MASSO controller test/review so it will all probably come apart down the line anyway.

My goal is to start with a SuperPID and test, then move to the full VFD and spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

How's the MASSO controller? Does it support two independent home sensor on one axis to square the machine each time the machine is homed?

If you have two motors on one axis it would be set up as X and A or Y and B. You slave them. You then could have a home sensor assigned to each one.

Im not sure how it handles a slaved axis when homing though. That's something I have to test.

I just added a new section on DIN rail terminal blocks.

Started a new series on DIN Rail-_mg_8107-jpg

See the write up here:
    DIN Rail Terminal Blocks — Kronos Robotics

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs427 View Post
    Din rails really help makes clean and organised control box!

I like how you put the SuperPID on DIN rails. I wish I had enough place in my box to do that instead of having an external box.

Thanks for sharing.
    Space is something every controls engineer battles with. You can layout the perfect panel reserving plenty of panel space for future usage and somebody will come around with a last minute design change. That change will use every square inch of panel space even before the box hits the floor.

So don't feel bad it is a common problem, there never seems to be enough panel space.

Here I am building a KRMx02 layout with a MASSO computer. I needed to keep space for SuperPID and VFD testing so I had to move my GND, 48V, 12V, and 5V terminal blocks to a DIN rail mounted on the main power supply. I was able to attach my 48v to 12V converter as well as my 12v to 5V converter.

Started a new series on DIN Rail-_mg_8169-jpg

Works very well, but the power supply will be a pain to replace if it goes bad.

Like you said, never enough room.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    Here I am building a KRMx02 layout with a MASSO computer. I needed to keep space for SuperPID and VFD testing so I had to move my GND, 48V, 12V, and 5V terminal blocks to a DIN rail mounted on the main power supply. I was able to attach my 48v to 12V converter as well as my 12v to 5V converter.

Started a new series on DIN Rail-_mg_8169-jpg

Works very well, but the power supply will be a pain to replace if it goes bad.

Like you said, never enough room.
    Love this series, keep the posts coming Started a new series on DIN Rail

Wouldn't you save space turning the PSU 90° and put it accross the rails on the far right ?

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

The space on the write is reserved for a VFD, but in the end I may have to do something like that. That is why I created my "DIN Rail Proto Board"