Source for stainless steel powder

Thread: Source for stainless steel powder

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Source for stainless steel powder

I have been reading some posts concerning people who used bolts and epoxy to build tables for their CNC builds and they were adding stainless steel powder to the epoxy. I was wondering if anyone knew of a source for the stainless steel powder. I found one source on e-bay that was $10/lb plus $7 shipping which based on the posts I was reading sounded a bit expensive, but the prices I saw on e-bay were in the same ball park.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Source for stainless steel powder

If the intent is only to fill the epoxy for better modulus or less thermal expansion I can not see a reason to specifically use stainless steel powder. Since the epoxy is in any case several magnitudes softer than the filler powder you could use just as well aluminum powder or even washed quartz sand. That said, if you want to drill or tap the hardened epoxy, the sand would not be good for your tools but the aluminum better than the steel.

Puzzle, Finger Joint, Maze and Guilloche freeware at https://fabrikisto.com/tailmaker-software/

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Source for stainless steel powder

Devcon makes an epoxy with stainless, aluminum and even titanium fillers. I can get the product number for you if you cant find it. I have a can of their plastic steel liquid and it was listed in the direction sheet that came with it.